Overnight French Toast Recipes: How To Make Overnight Peach French Toast
Overnight Luxury - Peach French Toast
Anything peach catches my eye and this recipe was no exception. I adapted it from an on-line recipe I saw years ago from a B&B in New England and just rediscovered it in one of my notebooks. I added a few things that I thought would be helpful tweaks and it was delicious!
Doing an overnight french toast is wonderful. You can prepare it in about 5 minutes the night before and cover it with plastic wrap, then pop it in the oven the next morning. The soaking in liquid and then baking really makes wonderful french toast. However, it is equally delicious if you prepare it in real time.
Also try substituting apple butter for the peach preserves and topping with slightly poached apple slices. Pears or Asian pears also make a delicious twist to this recipe. For another great overnight french toast recipe, try eggnog french toast.
RECIPE FOR BAKED PEACH FRENCH TOAST
- 3 eggs beaten (substitute 3/4 cups egg substitute)
- 1 cup light cream (substitute milk or nonfat half-and-half)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 loaf or slices of French, Italian, challah or other white specialty bread
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cooking spray
- Prepare 9 x 13 baking dish or pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Cut the bread into slices if not already sliced.
- Mix all ingredients except bread in large bowl.
- Dip the slices of bread and arrange in prepared dish.
- Pour rest of milk mixture over the bread in pan.
- Recipe may be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until morning at this point.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 5 minutes.
Toppings for Peach French Toast
- Sliced, drained peaches in juice
- Fresh sliced peeled peaches
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Top with peach butter
- Spoon on a bit of peach jam
- Top with butter and regular maple syrup
Recipe for Peach Butter
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves
Mix softened butter and peach preserves in a blender or food processor.
More French Toast Recipes
- Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Here's a way to make French toast even better. To me, it makes the French toast taste
- Eggnog Recipes - Cookies, French Toast, Cheesecake &...
There's nothing like a good, cold glass of eggnog at Christmas and/or New Years. Here are some eggnog recipes, including eggnog cookies, cheesecake, and waffles. Creamy Eggnog Punch 8 cups prepared eggnog...
- Quick and Easy French Toast Recipe
French toast may also be referred to as griddle bread or lost bred, but it's always going to be just plain old french toast. Some kids love it, some eat it, and some just plain refuse it. I'm not a big fan...
- Fabulous Grand Marnier French Toast
This is an awesome recipe. I can't remember where I first got it, I think it was from a friend of my daughter's. Anyhow, it was a Long time ago and I've changed it many times since then. It's a favorite of my...
- 5 Tips to Making Better French Toast. Brunch Recipes...
Most people know how to make French Toast, few people know how to make GREAT French Toast! Here are 5 secrets to better French Toast everytime.