Palak Aloo Recipe
Aloo = Potatoes.
Palak = Spinach
Potatoes with spiced spinach commonly known as aloo palak in India are a very tasty and healthy dish. It has got unique aroma of its
own. Spinach as we all know is full of Iron and other minerals required by the body. Spinach has been made famous for giving strength by Popeye the sailor man. Though not many Children love this dish but it is very nice and relishing. Potatoes and spinach are available all over the world, cheap to make, easy to cook and very healthy and tasty to eat. So friends go ahead and try it out if you haven’t have tried it before.
1. Potatoes: 450 grams / 1 pound.
2. Spinach leaves: 300 grams / 10 Oz.
3. Olive oil / Sunflower oil: 3 Tbsp.
4. Onion: 1 large finely sliced.
5. Green Chili: 1 fresh finely chopped.
6. Garlic puree: 2 Tsp.
7. Ginger puree: 2 Tsp.
8. Ground Coriander: 1 Tsp.
9. Ground Cumin: ½ Tsp.
10. Red Chili Powder: ½ Tsp.
11. Ground Turmeric: 1 Tsp.
12. Tomatoes: 350 grams/ 12 Oz. Chopped.
13. Granulated Sugar: ½ Tsp.
14. Single Cream: 3 Tbsp.
15. Salt to taste.
1. Take a pan and boil water in it.
2. Put potatoes in it and let it boil for 20 minutes.
3. When potatoes are tender drain them.
4. Let them cool in cold water for 30 minutes
5. Now peel them.
6. Now cut the potatoes into half and then in to quarter.
7. Set aside.
8. In the pan take fresh water and boil it.
9. Put spinach leaves in the boiling water for 2 minutes.
10. Drain and transfer to food processor or blender.
11. Blend spinach in to puree.
12. Now in another frying pan, heat 2 Tbsp of oil over medium heat.
13. Add onions in the oil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes stirring frequently.
14. When onions are brown reduce heat.
15. Cook for another 2 minutes.
16. Remove from heat.
17. Remove excess oil from the onions and drain on kitchen paper.
18. Now put the pan on low heat.
19. Add one Tsp of oil.
20. Add garlic puree, ginger puree & chopped green fresh chili.
21. Heat on low for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
22. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander powder chili powder.
23. Cook for another one minute stirring frequently.
24. Add chopped tomatoes.
25. Increase heat to medium and then add sugar.
26. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
27. Now add the boiled tomatoes, spinach, salt and fried onions.
28. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
29. Stir in 3 Tbsp of cream.
30. Serve hot with Roti or bread.
1. Potatoes should be boiled till they are tender. If not boiled properly they would taste raw.
2. Potatoes and spinach should be boiled in separate water.
3. Potatoes should be immersed in cold water for half hour before peeling.
4. Mustard oil can be used if olive or sunflower oil is not available.
5. This dish should not be cooked on high heat.
6. You can use pressure cooker to boil potatoes if you have one as it reduces cooking time and energy wasted to cook.
Do you like Spinach
More Cooking Hubs By Me
- Silky Chicken Kebabs
Kebabs have been favorite dish of Muslim Indian Royalty since long. They used to employ special cooks to make kebabs. It was said that if a cook is not Kebabs then he doesn’t know cooking at all. Kebabs are usually made from mutton ( lamb or goat mea
- Kashmiri Chicken
Kashmir is the Northern Most part of India. It is one of the most beautiful place on earth. One poet said about Kashmir that if there is paradise on earth then it is here in Kashmir. Because of rich culture and history of Kashmir, it has developed it
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Stir fried Okra
Okra is also known as lady finger because its shape resembles the finger. Okra is a lacy vegetable and if you cut it there would some Stickyliquid would be felt. It is a green vegetable so it is very healthy. It is good in taste and full of fiber. La