High Protein - Complex Carbs: Pesto Spinach Pasta with Pine Nuts and Shrimp or Chicken
This is everyone’s favorite! It may seem like it’s time-consuming but no, it is quick and easy! Make sure that no one at your table is allergic to nuts or shellfish. If so, use the chicken and do not add nuts or use in a separate bowl. The spinach pasta is considered complex carbs, the whole meal is low fat if using virgin olive oil and the nuts and meat are pure protein so healthy as well. Great meal for families and large gatherings!
- 1 Package per 3 people spinach pasta – can be found cold or dry in various grocery stores like Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Publix, Sprouts, etc., - even Amazon.
- 1 Package per 3 people pesto sauce powder form to be made from scratch, can be found in grocery stores such as Knorr, McCormick, just for some examples.
- 1 Package per 3 people, usually 1/4 cup - extra virgin olive oil.
- Half a package pine nuts which can be found at most grocery stores.
- 1/2 pound medium or small Shrimp found at most grocery stores frozen or in the seafood department fresh.
- 3 Cooked chicken breast sliced in thin strips.
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- 2 Tablespoons powdered or minced garlic.
- .5 Tablespoons Himilayan salt.
- Use small sauce pan and combine pesto powder, water, and olive oil as shown on directions in sauce packet.
- Cook spinach pasta as directed on packaging.
- Thaw frozen shrimp or take fresh shrimp out of refrigerator.
- Once pasta has been cooked and strained, combine shrimp or chicken, pesto sauce, and pine nuts in large mixing bowl.
- Add small amount of garlic, salt and Parmesan cheese if desired.
I generally serve with salad and Texas toast. I have never had a complaint with this fantastic, healthy, easy feast!