- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Poor Man's Iced Mocha
Some sweet pics of the skillsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Tired of spending 5 bucks for a great drink?
I am a man of coffee, every morning I fill up my big bubba mug with 4 cups or so of coffee and I feel like million bucks. Sometimes around like......3 in the afternoon and also around 7ish I get this urge for some sort of iced coffee mocha. I deliberate my options of going to Starbucks, Donut Delight, 7-11, or any other place that serves these 24 oz iced mocha cups full of unicorn goodness. They are refreshing, sweet, and have that little kick of coffee to get you going. My main problem is that once I start buying them, I have a really hard time of stopping. Which after time quickly adds up to around we will say about 15 bucks a week, which turns into 60 dollars a month. The wife is not happy about that. I finally devised a plan that I can have these beautiful drinks, for dirt cheap.
Keurig makes single service coffee, very nice
Coffee cost can add up
How much do you spend on coffee a week?
My special recipe...
My recipe is pretty simple and most people that drink coffee have this around. Here is what you need.
- Coffee: You can make fresh but I like to use my left overs from my morning brew.
- Milk or Creamer: I actually like to use a little of both
- Chocolate: I use Nestle mix but even better is just some Mexican chocolate
- Ice: Blended or just cubes
- Whipped Cream: If you want to be fancy
Alright, you now have your basic ingredients and here comes the really hard part. Mixing them together. Preperation
- Get a cup and put about 2 tablespoons of milk or cream depending how sweat you want it, I prefer about 2 tablespoons of milk then 1 tablespoon of cream.
- Mix in about 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate again, depending on your taste.
- Drop in some ice, if you plan on blending it, i recommend waiting till you mix in the coffee so that you don't overflow.
- Mix in coffee to the top
- Top it off with some whipped cream and powdered chocolate
- Sit back, drink, and enjoy