- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Pot of Luck Cookies, Chocolate Cookie Filled With Green Mint White Chocolate, Egg Free, Plus Gluten Free Variation
What do you think?
Want to make these cookies Gluten Free like I did?
Use any basic pre blended gluten free flour. You can also make your own blend. My favorite is a mix of 6 cups regular rice flour, 2 cups potato starch and 1 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch). Simply substitute the gluten free flour for the regular flour in this recipe. There is no need to add anything else such as xanthan gum, guar gum or baking powder.
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Green food coloring
- In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, ricotta, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix together until completely combined and smooth.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix until a nice dough forms. Dough should feel easy to handle.
- Use your hands to form dough into 1 inch balls and place each into a spot in a 24 count mini cupcake pan. As delicious as this dough is to eat raw try to refrain, you'll need just about all of it to make all 24 cookies.
- Use your finger to press each ball into a the bottom and up the sides of each mini cupcake space. It should form a nice little cup for your filling later.
- Bake in a preheated 325'F oven for about 16-18 minutes. They will get slightly puffy and dry looking.
- While the cookies are baking make the filling. In a small saucepan or double boiler add all filling ingredients, white chocolate chips, peppermint extract and heavy whipping cream.
- Gently melt over low heat while stirring constantly. Remove from heat as soon as all the chips appear melted. Stir in as much green food coloring as you need to make your desired shade. Set aside.
- After removing the cookies from the oven let them sit in the pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and fill with a generous teaspoon of the mint filling.
- Cool in a refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.