- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Pot of Luck Cookies, Coffee Cookie Filled with Irish Cream White Chocolate, Egg Free, Plus Gluten Free Variation
Kiss me, I'm Irish Cream!
If you don't want to use green food coloring, don't. These cookies are just as delicious white.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1/2 cup butter room temp
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour
Irish Cream Filling
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup Irish cream liquid coffee creamer or Irish cream liqueur
Green food coloring
Want to make these cookies Gluten Free like I did?
Use any basic pre blended gluten free flour. You can also make your own blend. My favorite is a mix of 6 cups regular rice flour, 2 cups potato starch and 1 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch). Simply substitute the gluten free flour for the regular flour in this recipe. There is no need to add anything else such as xanthan gum, guar gum or baking powder.
- In a small bowl combine the vanilla extract with the instant coffee granules and stir until mostly dissolved.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, ricotta, sugar and vanilla-coffee mixture. Combine until smooth.
- Add flour and mix until a nice dough forms.
- Use your hands to form dough into 1 inch balls and place each into a spot in a 24 count mini cupcake pan. As delicious as this dough is to eat raw try to refrain, you'll need just about all of it to make all 24 cookies.
- Use your finger to press each ball into a the bottom and up the sides of each mini cupcake space. It should form a nice little cup for your filling later.
- Bake in a preheated 325'F oven for about 16-18 minutes. They will get slightly puffy with a little extra golden color around the top and dry looking.
- While the cookies are baking make the filling. At this point you need to decide if you want these to be alcoholic or not. The filling is not cooked so all alcohol content will remain in the filling. In a small saucepan or double boiler add all filling ingredients, white chocolate chips and your choice of coffee creamer or liqueur.
- Gently melt over low heat while stirring constantly. Remove from heat as soon as all the chips appear melted. Add as much green food coloring as you need to reach the desired shade of green. Set aside.
- After removing the cookies from the oven let them sit in the pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and fill with a generous teaspoon of the Irish cream filling.
- Cool in a refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.