- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Pot of Luck Cookies, Vanilla Cookie Filled with Green Tea White Chocolate, Egg Free, Plus Gluten Free Variation
How do you like me?
Want to make these cookies Gluten Free like I did?
Use any basic pre blended gluten free flour. You can also make your own blend. My favorite is a mix of 6 cups regular rice flour, 2 cups potato starch and 1 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch). Simply substitute the gluten free flour for the regular flour in this recipe. There is no need to add anything else such as xanthan gum, guar gum or baking powder.
1/2 cup room temp butter
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
Green Tea Filling
1 cup white chocolate chips
1-2 Tablespoons green tea powder
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, ricotta, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix together until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- Add flour and mix until a dough forms. Dough will be only slightly tacky.
- Use your hands to form dough into 1 inch balls and place each into a spot in a 24 count mini cupcake pan. As delicious as this dough is to eat raw try to refrain, you'll need just about all of it to make all 24 cookies.
- Use your finger to press each ball into a the bottom and up the sides of each mini cupcake space. It should form a nice little cup for your filling later.
- Bake in a preheated 325'F oven for about 16-18 minutes. They will get slightly puffy and the top edges will become golden.
- While the cookies are baking make the filling. In a small sauce pan or double boiler add the heavy whipping cream. Heat over med low hear until little bubbles form at the edges where the cream meats the pan. Add the green tea powder and mix until mostly dissolved. Reduce heat to very low and add the white chocolate chips. Stir constantly and remove from heat as soon as all the chips have melted. Set aside.
- After removing the cookies from the oven let them sit in the pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and fill with a generous teaspoon of the Irish cream filling.
- Cool in a refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.