Recipe for Yogurt Curry (Gujarati Kadhi)
Have you ever tried to make any spicy dish from yogurt? Here is the recipe for traditional Indian (Gujarati) food. This recipe has got very few ingredients, and can be prepared in a short period of time.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Yield: For 4 People
Steps to make Yogurt Curry
Step 1: Making yogurt batter
Step 2: Cooking batter with other ingredients
Ingredients (all of them will be available at Indian shop) :
- 2tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. gram flour
- 3 green Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- 10 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
How to make Yogurt Curry
Step1: Take plain yogurt in a deep vessel. Add gram flour, chopped green chili , salt and turmeric powder to it. Mix it all with beater.
Step 2: Put a pan on stove. Add oil to it. Once it gets heated, add curry leaves, mustard seeds, chopped garlic to it. Now add all the yogurt batter to it. Add 1 cup of water. Add coriander leaves too it. Cook it for 5-7 mins.
Enjoy it with Indian bread (chapati)!
How to make Indian Bread (Chapati)
Refer this book for more Indian Recipes
More Recipes for you to try !
- Bread Pudding: A Desert which is very easy to make and delicious in taste.
- Fruit Custard: It is the simplest Desert I have ever made.
- Home Made Mayonnaise Sauce: Quickest way of making fresh mayonnaise sauce at home with various flavors.
- Chicken Tikka : It is a spicy Chicken Dish which has got lots of flavors in it.
- Potato and Fenugreek (Aloo Methi): It is a Indian Dish which has got potato and Fenugreek leaves in it. It is one my favourite dish, as it is very easy making and tasty.
- Recipe for Dal Fry: It is also called "Dal Tadka". Dal fry is a recipe which has got 5 different lentils in it. It is an Indian traditional Dish.
For more Indian Recipe you can try the mentioned book. It has got 1000 Indian Recipes in it. Enjoy!!