- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Savory Mushroom And Bacon Muffins Recipe
Great For Breakfast Or With A Bowl Of Soup
With Mushrooms and Bacon, it is a flavorful savory muffin. An alternative to the traditional sweet muffin and is hardy and satisfying. Cranberry Maple Muffin
When made ahead it is a great bring along breakfast when you are on the run.
Although I usually make this muffin for breakfast, I will often times make a batch to have with a bowl of soup..I always save a couple to have for tomorrows breakfast..they are good cold..but I will at times zap them in the microwave oven for about 10 seconds.
Ingredients For Savory Mushroom And Bacon Muffins
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Slices Bacon, diced
- 3 Ounces Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 Cups milk
- 6 Mushrooms, sliced
For Savory Mushroom And Bacon Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line twelve standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the green onions, bacon, and chopped mushrooms (DO NOT ADD THE SLICE MUSHROOMS YET) and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Add all at once to the flour mixture together with the mushroom mixture. Stir until just moistened ( the batter will be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full. Divide the sliced mushrooms evenly over the top of the batter. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Breads And Muffins
More Muffins And Bread Recipes
- Orange Nut Muffin Tops Recipe
The Orange - Nut Muffins served in the tearooms of the Buffum's Department Store chain in the Los Angeles area are a delicious treat...
- Cranberry Maple Muffins Recipe
I wish I did then he could provide me daily with fresh muffins.. But since I don't , and since I do like them fresh I make my own, using simple but delicious recipes, that are easy to make and fast.
- How To Make Fresh Baked Strawberry Bread Recipe
Seems I am always waiting for strawberry season...So I can make this bread..It is so delicious. Of course living in southern California, I can pretty much get strawberries year round..However they just aren't as tasty as fresh picked grown in the sun