Secret BBQ Sauce Recipe for Beer Boiled Chicken Wings
-Beer Boiled Chicken Wing Sauce
My Secret BBQ Sauce
This secret BBQ sauce of mine is perfect for Beer Boiled Chicken Wings. In case you were wondering, this is the recipe that calls for the chicken water when you make those awesome Chicken Mashed Potatoes - if you weren't, click here (you need to catch up).
You can replace the boiled chicken water, with bourbon if you'd like - I've seen it done. It's not that bad...really. I just prefer this recipe without the bourbon. You can also use chicken stock, but you might want to dilute it a bit...I'm just sayin'.
I am NOT at will to tell you where, when, how or from whom I got this recipe, however, I can tell you that it was no easy task.
For the BEST results in making this fantastic sauce for Beer Boiled Chicken Wings use a cast iron skillet similar to . It's become quite popular these days, especially when making BAKED BEANS, CHILI, TACO MEAT, &c. Coleman 10" Cast Iron Skillet
The Cast Iron Skillet
This is a must for the "Single Guy Chef" because it's used quite a lot in the kitchen, especially by single men all over the world.
When caring for a cast iron skillet, it's wise to not "scrub" to hard in the skillet. This is what makes a cast iron skillet such a unique pan in the kitchen. This is probably the only pan that SHOULD NOT be scrubbed clean...honest, look it up!
The BEST BBQ Sauce Base
The original Open Pit BBQ Sauce & the original Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce is, and always will be in my mind, the two MOST perfect commercially manufactured BBQ sauces today.
(Masterpeice BBQ Sauce deserves an honorable mention)
Secret BBQ Sauce Revealed
- Half of a LARGE onion, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 of a cup chicken water/bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 TableSpoon of salt
- 1 cup of original OPEN PIT BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup of original SWEET BABY RAY'S BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup of cider vinegar
- 2 Table Spoons of Liquid Smoke Flavoring
- 1/4 cup of worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
TryJimmy's Secret Instructions
- In the large skillet, add the onion, garlic & chicken water (or bourbon) and simmer for 10 minutes or until the onions are practically clear.
- After a good simmer, add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to a medium and simmer again for 20 minutes.
- It might be wise to add the HOT PEPPER SAUCE to taste & to pour through a strainer for a smoother sauce, you decide.