Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
If you're looking for an easy dish that can feed a family, this shrimp stir fry recipe is a delicious option. It can be served over a bed of steamed rice or combined with fried rice for a little extra flavor.
This recipe can easily be adjusted to suit your family's tastes. For example, if they hate broccoli replace it with bell peppers, bok choy, or another favorite. This recipe makes six servings.
- Shrimp (if using frozen shrimp thaw before adding to the skillet)
- Onion sliced (medium)
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms slices
- 1 large bag of frozen broccoli flowerets
- Mung bean sprouts (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Amminos
- 1/4 tsp. Chinese 5 spice (this is the secret ingredient that makes the flavor pop)
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
One of the secrets for making this recipe taste its best is to not overcook it. You want the broccoli to retain a firm texture.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok
- Add shrimp and stir fry for about two minutes
- Add onion and mushrooms.
- When onion and mushrooms start to release liquid add broccoli.
- Stir to cook ingredients evenly.
- Add salt, pepper, Chinese 5 spice
- If you include the mung sprouts, add them in the last five minutes so the keep their crispness.
- Create a roux with the soy sauce, corn starch, and add a little water. Add to the liquid expelled from the vegetables to create a light flavorful sauce.
It will be done in about 20 minutes.
How to Make Fried Rice
While this recipe tastes great the way it is, if you prefer a little more spice to your foods, you can add red pepper flakes or a teaspoon of red cock sauce to add some zip to this dish. While my family enjoys this over rice, it also works well with angel hair pasta.
- Easy Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli (Gai Lan) Recipe
Information about Chinese broccoli (gai lan) and how to stir-fry it.
- Stir-Fried Spinach (Yin Choi) With Garlic Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Spinach
Learn how to stir-fry spinach. Easy, tasty and healthy vegetarian dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !
How to fix exotic mango stir-fry dish.
- Low-Fat Chinese Stir-Fried Pineapple Chicken Recipe
How to prepare healty, low sodium and low-fat stir-fry chicken with pineapple at home.