- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Low-Fat Chinese Stir-Fried Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Here is a healthy chicken stir-fry dish recipe. If you are a Chinese food aficionado, you must be familiar with Chinese stir-fried pineapple chicken. Unfortunately in American Chinese cuisine, most of the dishes are too sweet, salty and full of grease. The typical pineapple chicken in Chinese take out are dominantly deep-fried chicken and coated with high sodium sauce.
Unlike "deep-fried" pineapple chicken stir-fried, this recipe is not involving deep-frying method of cooking but pan-frying with very little amount of oil. I love to use fresh pineapple to get better flavor, but you are welcome to use canned pineapple as long its not sugar added one. If you are going to use sugar added canned pineapple, you may reduce the sugar amount.
This is a lovely, beautiful and colorful dish to serve in any occasion especially for potluck or picnic. The chicken morsels are juicy, tender, caramelized with pineapple natural sugar and lightly coat with low sodium savory sauce.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
1 lbs boneless chicken meat, thinly sliced
2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1/2-inch)
1 red bell pepper, julienned
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cornstarch
Cooking Tools You May Need
How to Fix
- To make marinade: combine sugar, egg white, soy sauce , salt and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Then add chicken pieces. Stir to combine. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat. When hot, add oil and spread chicken pieces in one layer in the wok. Reserve some marinade sauce (about 3 tsp). Pan-fry the chicken pieces for 1 to 2 minutes then turn the over. Continue to pan-fry for about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium. Then stir-fry chicken for about 1 minute or until they are golden brown.
- Thrown pineapple, spring onions, bell peppers and pour in some of the remaining of the marinade. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is done and bell peppers are tender but crisp.
Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
Cooking Tips: How to Cut Pineapple
More Chinese Stir-Fry Recipes
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
How to stir-fry Chinese greens. Super easy recipe.
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
How to stir-fry asparagus. Enjoy spicy vegetarian dish with Chinese seasoning.
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
How to fix stir-fry beef with spicy curry powder.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
How to make spicy shrimp with Sichuan peppercorn. Spicy but tasty
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
How to stir-fry tomatoes. Easy and healthy dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
How to stir-fry clams with bean sauce and spicy chili. A tasty seafood dish.
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
How to stir-fry bok choy. A tasty vegetarian dish.
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
How to stir-fry ong choy or water spinach.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to stir-fry bean sprouts. A healthy dish.
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to prepare baby bok choy (Shanghai bok choy) with garlic. Extremely tasty and easy.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
How to fix Yang Chow fried rice. This is totally different variant of fried rice.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fried Recipe
How to use fermented black bean sauce as seasoning and how to stir-fry chicken with black bean sauce.
- Stir-Fried Cantonese Beef Chow Fun Recipe
Information about Chinese broad wide noodle (ho fun) and how to stir-fry it.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !
How to fix exotic mango stir-fry dish.
- Easy Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli (Gai Lan) Recipe
Information about Chinese broccoli (gai lan) and how to stir-fry it.
- Stir-Fried Spinach (Yin Choi) With Garlic Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Spinach
Learn how to stir-fry spinach. Easy, tasty and healthy vegetarian dish.