- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Simple Olive Oil Dip for Crusty Bread
Great for Game Day!!
Easy to Make & Take!
This recipe is simple and delicious. You can mix it ahead of time so that the flavors really soak in. "Make and Take" it with you to a game day or tailgate party.
I have made this for family gatherings, cookouts, even a teacher appreciation lunch. If you have several tables you can make the dip in a container and then pour in saucers and put one on each table with a basket of bread.
Only 4 Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil, Filippo Berio
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- Crusty Bread, any flavor or variety
Make & Take Olive Oil Dip
If making this dip to take to a party put all ingredients in a container with an airtight lid. Shake to mix up the ingredients. Bread can be cut ahead of time and put back in its original wrapper. The dish for the dip should be large and shallow as opposed to small and deep. A glass pie plate or similar dish works well. For the bread use a towel lined basket or serving dish.
- In a glass pie plate or similar dish add all ingredients. Use a fork to crush any clumps of Parmesan Cheese.
- Cut up the bread into large cubes or small slices and serve in a lined basket or dish.
This is one french bread cut up. I usually cut up 3-4 of these with this recipe. I prefer Extra Light Tasting Virgin Olive Oil by Filippo Berio as pictured above. It is not overpowering like some Olive Oils. Another option is to use any type of infused oil you like such as Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.