Southern Slow Cooker: Homemade Pasta Bowls - Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
There are many variations of stroganoff out there - highly detailed recipes with so many ingredients that you get confused and ruin a meal, simple recipes that turn out pretty bland. Then there is the near instant kind that promises a really tasty meal in a very short time. Perfect for the working mom, right? Wrong. To do this type of meal you run into the issue of high sodium and sacrifice nutrition to get it done fast.
There is an alternative though when you are in the mood for a hearty meal, but are pressed for time. Slow cooker beef stroganoff! This recipe has taken the details out of the "from scratch" recipes from the south, but left in decent nutritional values. For an even healthier spin: Add diced carrots. Try it for yourself tonight!
Slow Cooker Pasta Bowls
- 1lb stew beef, cubed
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 cup mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4oz cream cheese
- Add raw beef (cubed - stewing beef is the go-to in our home) to slow cooker. (Optional: Season with garlic or onion powder)
- Add sliced or quartered mushrooms and diced onions over the top of the beef cubes.
- Pour onion soup mix, both cans of cream of mushroom soup over beef and mushrooms.
- Set slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Near serving time: Mix in cream cheese until melted and blended thoroughly, allow to heat through.
- Serve over prepared egg noodles. Salt, pepper and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other Southern Recipes
- Creative Chocolate Chip Cookie Ideas - Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Recipe
Take the chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level with a chocolate chip cookie bar recipe. This super rich dessert is filled with chocolate morsels that melt in the mouth.
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cupcakes
These little Devil's Food cupcakes were frosted with a delicious cream cheese frosting and filled full of warm caramel, melted chocolate and chopped pecans. These are very rich and not for the faint of heart!
- Southern Slow Cooker: Chicken and Dumplings
Pair a bowl of dumplings with fresh corn on the cob and you'll have yourself a filling meal that can take you back to childhood, or warm you on a cold winters day.
- Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese Pie
Southern ladies refer to this style of macaroni and cheese as a pie, but you could call it a casserole and it will still taste the same... but it's not real Southern macaroni and cheese until you can cut it out of a dish like a piece of cake or pie..