Swordfish is usually prepared on special occasions and it is usually served to impress the guests. This sweet-savory sauce with olives, raisins and almonds is not only unique but is delicious in their own way. If you do not get sword fish in your area then you can use tuna in place of swordfish. If you use Tuna then you should serve it with orzo mixed with toasted pine nuts and fresh chopped basil leave. The dish is not only tasty but also healthy as fish are rich source of 3 omega fatty acids and thus very good for heart and cholesterol levels.
- Sword Steak: 4 (1.5 ounce or 50 grams each
- Fresh Orange Juice: 2 Tsp.
- Chopped Olives: 1 ½ cups.
- Sliced Almonds: 1Tsp.
- Garlic: Minced 2 Tsp.
- Raisins: 2 Tbsp.
- Cooking spray
- Black Pepper: Freshly grounded ½ Tsp.
- Red bell Pepper: 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Salt: ½ tsp.
How to make it:
- Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper.
- Take a non stick pan.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Heat over the medium heat.
- Put the fish slowly in the heated pan.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Turnover the fish and sauté for 5 minutes more.
- Fish should be cooked by now. Test it with fork.
- Remove fish from pan.
- Now coat the pan again with cooking spray.
- Add garlic to pan.
- Now add Nuts and sauté for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Now add raisins, olive, orange juice, bell peppers.
- Cook till the liquid evaporates.
- Serve this with the fish.
This recipe was sent to me by a friend from Europe. He did not wish to publish his name over here. I have never made this dish nor heard about it, but it looks mouth watering and very appealing to eye.
- Macher Jhol
Macher Jhol is specialty of West Bengal region of India. Macher means Fish and Jhol means curry. So basically it is fish curry from West Bengal region of India. Macher Jhol is best enjoyed with rice.
- Indian Tandoori Fish
Making Tandoori fish is not difficult & can be easily made at home. It is unique to India & has unique Indian taste. Ingredients are easily available at a store nearby you or at eBay and amazon.com.
- Fried Fish Indian Style
Fried fish is eaten all over the world but In india it is made with special herbs which not only give it a great taste but also unique. Fried fish Indian style is usually eaten as snacks, very common.
- Fish Curry Kerala Style
This Fish curry Kerala Style comes from the Southern Indian state of Kerala. Even though I have used King fish, but you can use any kind of fish for this curry. Kashmiri powder is for aroma & colour
- Masala Blend Recipe
Masala Blend is put in Indian curries all the time. It is combination of 4 ingredients, coriander, Turmeric, Cayenne pepper and Cumin seeds. We keep it pre made to use it in cooking. Makes curry yummy.
- Milk Fish Soup
recipes for soup, recipe for fish soup, recipe for soups, fish soup, soups, how to make soups, sauce for fish, Campbells soup recipes, casserole recipes, milk fish, milk fish soup, filipino cooking