Fish Curry Kerala Style.
Fish Curry Indian
This fish curry is best made in earthen pot for the flavor but since it is not easy to find and cook in earthen pot in cities so I have used a heavy base pan. Of course if you can cook in earthen pot then the flavours of fish and spices come out superb. This dish comes from the Southern Indian state of Kerala. Even though I have used King fish, but you can use any kind of fish for this curry. Kashmiri red chili is used not for the chili but for the aroma and the colour it imparts to the curry.
- King Fish ( Surmai) : 1 Kg.
- Tamarind: 3 Pieces
- Ginger Garlic paste: 2 Tsp.
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 2 to 3 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 ½ Tsp.
- Curry leaves.
- Green Chilies: 2
- Salt to taste.
- Oil: 2 Tbsp.
- Curry leaves: 15
- Water: 2 cups.
- Mustard seeds: 1 Tsp.
- Fenugreek Seeds: ¼ Tsp.
- Curry Leaves: 5
- Cut the fish in to 1 inch pieces ,
- Wash and drain the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Mix Kashmiri red chili powder in 3 Tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Slit the green chilies vertically.
- Soak tamarind pieces in 1 cup of water and keep aside.
- Set aside.
- Take a heavy base pan and put oil in it.
- Heat it on high.
- Add all ingredients for tempering.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add onions.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add turmeric and ginger garlic paste.
- Sauté till the onions turn soft.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Now add Kashmiri chili powder which is mixed in water.
- Sauté till the oil separates.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Now add fish pieces. Do not stir once you add fish or it would break.
- Now add the soaked tamarind pieces to the fish,
- Cover the pan and cook on low till the fish is cooked and gravy thickens.
- Remove cover, add slit chilies and then cover again.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- After one hour, transfer to service dish and serve.
- Best serve with rice
- King Fish is very delicate fish and breaks easily. So once you have put fish in the dish you do not stir the mixture.
Other Indian recipes
- Mint Coconut Chicken Recipe
mint coconut chicken is best eaten in winters but can be eaten at any time. This chicken is very easy to make & it looks yummy and tastes yummy so friends go for it. ingredients are easily available
- Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken is quite an easy dish to make. Not only it is easy to make but also ingredients are easily available and doesn’t take much effort or expertise to make it. A must try at home.
- Chili Chicken In Balti
Chili Chicken In Balti is very easy to make. It looks delicious and beautiful. Chili Chicken In Balti is good for parties too and guests enjoys it as snacks as well as as side dish.
- Hyderabadi Chicken
Chicken chettinad, chettinad chicken curry, chicken chettinad recipe, chettinad recipe, chettinad recipes, chettinad curry, chettinad curry recipes, hyderabadi recipe, hyderabadi chicken curry recipe
- Oil Free Chicken Recipe
Oil free chicken belies the myth that you need oil to be cook. Oil free chicken does not use any kind of fat and is easy to make and yummy in taste. Spice and oil are not needed for tasty & yummy food