- Food and Cooking
Easy Cream Cheese Dessert Recipes
There's just something about cream cheese that makes desserts all the more decadent.
Here are three easy dessert recipes that use cream cheese, and the end results are super delicious treats that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars
- Cooking Spray
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c rolled oats
- 3/4 c + 1 T firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar and butter in large bowl and mix well.
- Pour 1 1/2 c of above mixtue into a bowl and set aside for later use.
- Press remainder of mixture firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spread mixture evenly over crust.
- Combine remaining 1 T brown sugar and cornstarch in small bowl; stir in cranberry sauce.
- Pour onto cream cheese mixture.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet and chill for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Squares
- 2 cans (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 c + 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Press one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of pan (cut and arrange dough to completely cover bottom of pan if necessary).
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, 1 c sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over crescent roll layer in pan.
- With second can of crescent rolls, cover cream cheese layer (again, cutting and arrainging dough to completely cover cream cheese layer if necessary).
- Pour melted butter over top cresecent roll layer.
- Combine 1/4 c sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on buttered cresecent roll layer.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg (1 lb 2 oz) Oreo cookies, crushed, reserving 1 cup on the side (leaves approximately 3 cups left)
- 1 pkg melting chocolate, melted
- Combine cream cheese and 3 cups cookies crumbs.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Dip in melted chocolate.
- Place on Silpat or waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tops of each chocolate-covered ball with remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.