- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Tips And Tricks With Pasta And Sauces
There Are All Kinds Of Wonderful Things You Can Do To Marinaria Sauce.
Here Are 10 Fast Pasta Sauces
If you don't have the time to make a long cooked pasta sauce here are 10 fast pasta sauces that you can throw together in just a few minutes.
1. Drain two cans of baby shrimp and saute a tablespoon of fine diced onion, fine diced bell pepper, and a tablespoon of minced fresh garlic and then toss with your favorite pasta and you'll have a wonderful pasta sauce.
2. In a small skillet add a drizzle of olive juice, chopped black olives and small Italian bread crumbs and toss with your favorite pasta along with a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of red cider vinegar.
3. Slice a small package of pepperoni, add a small package of feta cheese, a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of black pepper and toss with your favorite pasta for a delicious pasta meal.
4. Make a BLT Pasta Salad with a 1/2 pound of bacon cooked crisp and crumbled , a large tomato diced very fine and a cup of baby spinach chopped fine. Mix all the ingredients with your favorite pasta and chill before serving.
5. Make a delicious pasta sauce with 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, fresh ground black pepper and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and mix it all up well with your favorite sauce.
6. Take a small package of unflavored goat cheese and crumble it fine. Add a tablespoon of red sweet onion, and a cup of finely diced spinach to your favorite pasta and you'll have a wonderful pasta dish. I like to use bow tie pasta and it turns out oh so delicious.
7. Add a heaping tablespoon of pesto, 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese and a tablespoon of olive oil to your favorite pasta for a delicious pasta dish.
8. Add the zest of one lemon , the juice of a lemon and 2 tablespoons of half and half cream to your favorite pasta and toss well for a delicious pasta dish.
9. You can add strips of honey ham, green peas, and two tablespoons of half and half cream to your favorite pasta and toss well.
10. Take 1/4 cup of marinara, 1/4 cup of Alfredo Sauce and a teaspoon of red pepper flakes and mix together well with your favorite pasta for a delicious pasta dish.
Any of the above pasta dishes will make a wonderful meal. Add a large garden salad and garlic bread to the meal to make a complete and delicious meal that everyone will be sure to love.
Busy Day Pasta Meals
If you live a real hectic life style like most of us you can cook pasta ahead and freeze the pasta you need in a zip lock plastic bag. Once you are ready to make your pasta dish just thaw the pasta at room temperature and heat up the pasta quickly in salted boiling water and drain the pasta just as soon as you know it is hot all the way through.
You can then make the pasta dish you like by one of the pasta meal ideals above and you'll have a delicious pasta meal. You can add a garden salad with your favorite dressing and garlic bread and you'll have an excellent meal that not only will be delicious but it will also be good for you.
If you have comments, tips, or suggestions you would like to make please post them below now. And thanks for reading.
15 Ways To Doctor A Marinaria Sauce
You can start with a basic jar of marinara sauce and doctor the sauce into a wonderful delicious sauce that will have people begging for more. There is some basic cooking needed with some of these sauce additions but it is well worth it.
1. Add 2 Tablespoons of any good red wine to the sauce and cook the sauce down for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add a heaping spoon of Pesto Sauce to the marinaria sauce and cook down for about thirty minutes on medium heat.
3. Saute a cup of fine diced Zucchini in olive oil for a few minutes along with a teaspoon of fresh minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper and add to your marinara sauce.
4. Saute a red bell pepper in thin strips with a dash of red pepper flakes and thin add to your marinara sauce.
5. If you like a rich garlic sauce saute two tablespoons of fresh minced garlic in real butter and then add to your marinara sauce.
6. Dice up a 8 ounce carton of mushrooms very fine and then saute them in olive oil with salt and pepper.
7. Add one pound of thin sliced cooked Italian Sausage to your marinara sauce for a rich meaty sauce. If you want a wonderfully delicious sauce that people won't soon forget let your marinara sauce and the Italian Sausage cool to room temperature and then puree your sauce fine in a food processor.
8. Add a small jar of anchovies , a teaspoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of capers to a food processor and puree smooth. Add this to your marinara sauce and simmer at least 30 minutes before you serve over your favorite pasta.
9. Add a can of clams with their juice , 2 tablespoons of red wine, and a tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley to your marinara sauce and cook for at least 30 minutes at a low simmer.
10. Add a small package of pepperoni slices, a tablespoon of diced onion, and a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to a food processor and puree for a few seconds to course grind everything. Add this to your marinara sauce and simmer for thirty minutes before serving over your favorite pasta.
11. Saute a cup of diced green bell pepper, 1/4 cup of onion, and 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic to a saute pan with some olive oil and saute until the vegetables are soft. Add to your marinara sauce and simmer for thirty minutes.
12. Add a cup of finely shredded carrots and a tablespoon of light brown sugar to your marinara sauce and simmer it for thirty minutes before you serve it over your favorite pasta.
13. Puree a large handful of fresh basil and a tablespoon of fresh minced garlic in a food processor and stir into your marinara sauce and cook at a simmer for thirty minutes. Then serve over your favorite pasta.
14. Add 1/4 cup of red wine and 1/4 cup of baby shrimp to your marinara sauce and cook for 30 minutes on a low simmer.
15. For a unique sauce add a can of green chilies and a teaspoon of ground cumin to your marinara sauce and then grill chicken thighs and slice them thin. Put down a layer of your favorite pasta then a piece of grilled chicken and then a ladle of the doctored sauce and you'll have a delicious chicken pasta sauce.
Black Eyed Peas And Pasta
When a southern person starts talking about black eyed peas they aren't usually talking about sweet green peas. Usually they are talking about black eyed peas. You can use a can or two of black eyed peas and you will want to drain and wash your black eyed peas well before you use the peas in this pasta dish.
You want to start by cooking a pound of bow tie pasta until it is done in salted water with a little olive oil in the water. Once you have the pasta cooked drain it and wash it off well with hot water.
In order to make your black eyed peas with pasta you will need the below.
1. One Twenty Eight ounce can diced Tomatoes with green peppers and onion well drained.
2. Two Cans ( 15.5 to 16 Oz. ) Black Eyed Peas washed and drained very well.
3. Two Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic.
4. One Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper.
5. 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese.
6. 1/2 Cup Crumbled Cooked Bacon.
7. Three Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley.
You want your bow tied pasta to be cooked and well drained. Now take all your ingredients and mix them in a large bowl until they are well mixed. You want to serve this pasta chilled and you should serve it on small chilled plates.
This cold black eyed pea salad would be excellent served at a wedding or dinner party.
If you can find large ripe red tomatoes you can hallow out the tomatoes and serve the black eyed pea salad in a large ripe red tomato setting on a lettuce leaf.
Baked Ziti Is So Delicious
I just simply love a real meaty ziti.My Grandmother made meaty baked ziti but over the years I have worked to improve on the recipe and I think I now make one of the most delicious meaty ziti dishes you will ever taste. For your baked meaty ziti you will need.
1. One Pound Lean Ground Beef.
2. One Pound Bulk Italian Sausage.
3. Two Cans 28 Ounce Diced Tomatoes., 28 Ounces Per Can.
4. Two Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic.
5. Two Teaspoons Dried Oregano.
6. Two Teaspoons Dried Basil.
7. Sixteen Ounces Ziti Pasta.
8. Two Nine Ounce Packages Frozen Spinach. Thawed And Drained.
9. Four Cups Pre Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
10. Two Cups Ricotta Cheese.
You don't have to pre-cook your ziti pasta.
This recipe will make two three quart glass casserole dishes of Baked Ziti.You can bake the baked ziti right away or make it ahead and keep it in the refrigerator for 24 hours before baking. You can also bake and then freeze it tightly wrapped for up three months in the freezer.
Start off by cooking your ground beef and Italian Sausage together in a large skillet until done and then drain very well. In a large mixing bowl add all of your ingredients except your shredded mozzarella cheese and mix together very well.
Spray your two three quart casserole dishes with vegetable cooking spray and then divide the contents of the mixing bowl between the two 3 quart casserole dishes. Divide the shredded mozzarella cheese between the two casserole dishes topping each with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover the top of each casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil and when you are ready bake the ziti until it is bubbling which will be about 45 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
Serve the baked ziti with a garden salad and garlic bread for a delicious meal.
Please post your comments below. And thanks for reading.