Vegetable Curry With Tofu Recipe
Vegetable Curry With Tofu
Tofu is a kind of cheese made from Soybean. Since soybean is the richest source of proteins so it is very healthy. This dish has lots of vegetables and tofu so it is definitely very healthy as it is rich in proteins but very low on fats and literally no Cholesterol. Though this dish is deep fried yet it doesn’t have too many calories. Since only Tofu is deep fried in this recipe and tofu don’t soak too much oil so it doesn’t pack lots of calories. Also it has baby corns, mushrooms, coconut milk & spinach so all this makes this dish a very healthy one.
1. Vegetable / ground nut oil for deep frying.
2. Tofu: 250 grams / 9 Oz Drained and cut in cubes.
3. Mushrooms: 250 grams / 9 Oz Thickly Sliced
4. Baby Spinach leaves: 250 grams / 9 Oz
5. Baby Corns: 120 grams / 4 Oz cut in half.
6. Celery Sticks: 3 diagonally diced.
7. Red Onion: 2 large chopped.
8. Garlic cloves: 2 chopped.
9. Red Chili: 1 fresh deseeded and sliced.
10. Vegetable / ground nut oil: 2 Tbsp
11. Red Curry paste: 3 Tbsp
12. Coconut Milk: 400 ml / 14 Fl oz.
13. Soy Sauce: 2 Tbsp
14. Palm Sugar: 1 Tsp
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan. Heat the oil till cube of bread gets brown in 30 seconds.
2. Now divide the cubes of Tofu in to 4 parts and add one by one.
3. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Now the Tofu pieces would be brown all over.
5. Now take a spotted spatula or spoon and take out the Tofu pieces from the oil.
6. Make sure they drain well over the oil before totally removing them.
7. Put them on kitchen paper so it absorbs all excess oil.
8. Now take a frying pan or wok.
9. Heat 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil or ground nut oil.
10. Now stir fry onions for 1 minute.
11. Add garlic and chili and cook for another 1 minute.
12. When onion start to soften add mushrooms, corn cobs, celery and red pepper.
13. Stir fry for about 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat.
14. Now all the ingredients would be softened if not then heat little more.
15. Stir in curry paste.
16. Add coconut milk and bring to boil.
17. Add palm sugar and soy sauce.
18. Stir for 30 seconds.
19. Add spinach leaves.
20. Now on medium heat stir continuously and cook till the spinach leaves wilt.
21. Top this with the Tofu which was kept aside.
22. Serve hot.
1. If you can not get Palm sugar then you can use soft light brown sugar too.
2. For frying you can also use pre heated wok or deep fat fryer set at 180 C / 350 F.
What do you think would have made it better.
More Hubs From me
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Prawn and Pineapple Tikka
Prawn and Pineapple Tikka is one of very tasty dish. Pineapple gives this dish a definitely tangy taste while prawns are hot and spicy. This dish is not only healthy as it not only has prawns but also combine meat with fruit, but is also very yummy a
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Chicken vegetable and ginger salad
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a snack. Since this dish has vegetables and white meat so this is as healthy as it can get. This is one dish which comes as a blessing for those mothers who always complain that their children eat nothing
- Mussels with mustard seeds and shallots
Mussels can be found all over the world . They can be sea water or fresh water mussels. Despite mussels are found in abundance all over the world yet not many people eat them. They are not only delicious to eat but also healthy. Before cooking mussel