Shrimp Salad Ideas
Shrimp Salad Recipe
Shrimp salads are easy to make. I always keep cooked shrimp in the freezer for a last minute salad. . This salad requires no cooking and is delicious enough to serve to your favorite friends and family. Get out all the veggies and make this very healthful salad. You can improvise with different seasonings and spices. Shrimp are low in fat and calories so work well for most diets. Hard to find someone who doesn't absolutely love shrimp. I know everyone in my family love them anyway they are prepared.
Some of the Ingredients
- One and one-half pounds Cooked medium shrimp
- One Cup Chopped cucumber
- One Cup Fresh Beansprouts
- One-half Cup Chopped green onions
- One-cup Red,, green, yellow peppers, chopped
- Two Cups Romaine Lettuce, Torn in small pieces
- One Cup Raw spinach
- One cup Sunflower seeds
- One-half cup Olive oil
- One-quarter cup Lemon juice
- One-quarter cup Water
- One Tablespoon Dried Rosemay
- One-quarter cup Fresh Basil
- Two Tablespoons Ground ginger
- One Cup Black olives, Chopped
- One-half cup Fresh crumbled blue cheese
- Mix the chopped vegetables including the beansprouts with the cooked shrimp.
- Add the black olives to the mixture.
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, water, spices and blue cheese in the blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Toss the vegetable shrimp mixture with the dressing. Add the grated ginger and mix again.
- Lay out several pieces of Romaine lettuce and spinach on each plate. Place a scoop of the shrimp mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over each plate of salad.
The Finale for the Shrimp Salad Recipe
Now that you have finished this easy shrimp salad recipe, it is time to serve it to all those anxiously waiting. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top of the salad to add a little color. Crusty hot sour dough bread is a nice addition or pita bread with olive oil. Any left over salad can keep in the refrigerator for just one day. If there is any left of this shrimp dish though probably not.
Delux Shrimp Salad
Have Shrimp salad today
A few other shrimp ideas
Marinate the shrimp in lime juice over night. Make ceviche
- raw shrimp
- chop red peppers
- chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- olive oil
- black pepper
Keep in the fridge overnight before serving.
Make a shrimp PoBoy
Start with a hoagie roll. Lather the role with mayonnaise and ketchup blend. Add cucumber slices, lettuce, tomatoes and hot peppers.
Easy shrimp curry
Blend olive oil, curry powder, pepper, thyme, garlic salt and cover the shrimp.
Put in the microwave until just warm.
Serve with rice or pasta
Other Fish and Seafood Recipes
- Easy Fish Curry Recipe
Curry sauce makes bland fish spark with flavor. This sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Fried Fish Recipe: Easy and Quick
Try this quick and easy fish recipe. Add your own touches with different spices.
- Easy Shrimp Recipes
Make a savory shrimp wrap for a great lunch or dinner. These wraps are easy to fix and need just a few ingredients.