- Food and Cooking
Easy, Healthy Fried Fish Recipes
Fish with healthy veggies
Fried Fish Recipe
You will like this crunchy easy and healthy fried fish recipe that is ready in a quick ten minute. Look for wild-caught fish at the store when preparing this healthy protein. A small portion of fish goes a long way, making it an economical and healthy dinner--six-ounce portion is enough for each person. Stay close by the stove as you need to tend to the fish often while cooking. Fish can get over-cooked easily and develop a rubbery consistency.
We have fish often at our house, and find wild-caught frozen fish works well for most fish dishes. I tried this recipe with very thin filet of sole to give some body to the fish, and yet keep it healthful.
No recipe is ever totally original with the many cookbooks on the market, I love making up my own version of most recipes and often try new ingredients and seasonings. Enjoy this easy and healthful fried fish recipe and add some of your own favorite spices and seasonings to give it your own personality.
Some of the Ingredients
- 4- six-ounce pieces Dover sole
- One -half cup each Flaxmeal, dry parmesan cheese and sesame seeds
- One-half cup Milk
- Sesame seed oil
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 Cup Chopped spinach
- Two Tomatoes chopped in small pieces
- Two Finally chopped garlic cloves
- One tablespoon Oregano, Basil and Seasoned salt
- One teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brown the garlic and green onions in sesame oil.
- Add all the vegetables and seasonings, and cook until just tender. Remove the veggies from the stove and set aside.
- Add more sesame seed oil to the pan for cooking the fish.
- Dip each filet in milk and then dip in the flaxmeal, parmesan cheese and sesame seed mixture.
- Make sure the oil is hot before putting the filets in the frying pan. Brown and cook on each side until the fish is no longer translucent. Remove immediately from the stove.
- Clean the frying pan out and add about a tablespoon of oil. Put the vegetables in the pan and the fish on top. Warm the fish and veggies for two or three minutes.
Serve each plate with a scoop of vegetables and put the fried fish over the veggies. Serve with a green salad and fresh sourdough bread and you will agree this is an easy fried fish recipe.
An extra tip: Put a little cinnamon on a piece of foil in the over at 200 degrees F. to create a nice scent in the kitchen.
Health and Easy Fish Recipe
Eat Fish for Good Health
Other Fish and Seafood Recipes
- Shrimp Salad Recipe
Almost everyone loves shrimp. This easy shrimp salad is sure to please and can be whipped up in a few minutes.
- Easy Recipe for Shrimp Cocktail
Shrimp cocktails are easy to make and a real family and friend pleaser. Always keep a bag of pre-cooked shrimp in your freezer.
- Easy Recipes for Sardine Salads with Veggies
Sardines are noted for their many health benefits. Add these little fish to you diet and find out how many easy recipes there are for sardines.
- Easy Shrimp Recipes
Make a savory shrimp wrap for a great lunch or dinner. These wraps are easy to fix and need just a few ingredients.