Easy Fish Curry Recipe
Fish Curry for Dinner Tonite
Easy Fish Curry Recipe
Two words that intrigue me to check out specific recipes and they are easy and quick. I am not one of those cooks who enjoys long and laborious ingredients and directions for recipes. I generally cut out ingredients, change the spices and find a way to make it easy and fast. Curry is a combination of different spices, but you can easily buy it already prepared in the store. One thing about curry is that you either love it or dislike it. I use curry powder for many things-salad dressings, chicken recipes, eggs and cooking vegetables. This is my rendition of an easy fish curry recipe. You can use almost any fish for this recipe, even fragile sole, as the sauce is made before the fish is added.
Some of the Ingredients for Fish Curry
Easy Fish Curry
Ingredients For Curry Sauce
- One-quarter Cup Sesame oil
- One-half cup Green onions, Chopped
- One Tomato, Chopped
- Two Garlic cloves, Chopped finely
- One Cup Creme Fraiche or sour cream
- One Tablespoon Cumin
- One Tablespoon Turmeric
- One Teaspoon Red chile pepper
- Two teaspoons Lemon juice
- Two tablespoons Curry powder
- One Tablespoon Powdered Ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the garlic and green onions in a frying pan in the sesame oil.
- Add tomatoes and continue to brown.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add all the seasonings listed and stir to blend.
- Add the creme fraiche and stir. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish fillets to the mixture and turn at least once. The fish is done when it is no longer translucent. And you now have this very easy fish curry recipe.
There are Many Different Types of Chutney
Recipe for Chutney to go with Fish
- Two tablespoons of Sesame oil
- One large sweet onion
- One tablespoon red pepper flakes
- One-half cup of cider vinegar
- Fresh grated ginger
- Candied ginger
- One tablespoon curry powder
- One tablespoon cumin
- One cup of golden raisins
- One cup of chopped apricots
- One cup of fresh chopped pineapple
- Brown onion and red pepper
- Add all spices and simmer for fifteen minutes
- Add vinegar
- Add raisins, apricots, candied ginger and pineapple and simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from the stove and allow to sit at room temperature for two hours
- Serve in a separate bowl with the fish
Use Curry in your Cooking
Fish and Seafood Recipes
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe: Fast and Easy
Shrimp cocktails are easy to make and a real family and friend pleaser. Always keep a bag of pre-cooked shrimp in your freezer.
- Easy Shrimp Recipes
Make a savory shrimp wrap for a great lunch or dinner. These wraps are easy to fix and need just a few ingredients.
- Make Fried Fish with Parmesan Cheese
Fish is a healthy choice with omega 3 oils and many vitamins and minerals, not to mention low calorie. This recipe for fried fish is easy to make. It is easy to learn now to fry fish.