- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
Dipping sauce for Vietnamese rolls
Have you ever wondered how we make dipping sauce for summer roll, there are several types and this is the mót popular. This is the dipping sauce for summer rolls, spring rolls and with a little adjustment can be use for other dishes including the rice rolled pancake - bánh cuốn.
Summer rolls - gỏi cuốn
Fried spring rolls - nem
Rice rolled pancake - bánh cuốn
Supply from amazon
1 unit sugar, prefer brown sugar
1/2 unit rice vinegar or cider vinegar
1/2 unit lemon or lime juice
1 unit quality fish sauce, prefer three crabs brand
3-4 unit water
Few cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped and soaked in lemon juice or vinegar.
Bird eyes chilli, seeds scraped, thinly sliced
Ginger and Dill ( for seafood summer roll)
- Mix sugar with vinegar till dissolve, taste and add fish sauce, stir. Add 3/4 cup water, stir, taste and adjust accordingly
- Before serving, add pickled garlic, a bit of the remaining liquid and chilli.
- Choose matured garlic; the young garlic or just harvest garlic is heavy and will not floating beautifully.
- For seafood summer roll, add chopped dill and ginger
- For dishes that require warm-hot dipping sauce, leave garlic and chilli aside for self-serving.
Hubs improvement polls
What type of information input do you prefer ?
- Basic summer rolls
Vietnamese summer roll is very easy to make but requires fresh and high quality ingredients. you can be very creative and playing around with it once you know the basic.
- Chargrilled fish summer rolls - Goi cuon ca nuong
Gỏi cuốn cá nướng is a type of summer rolls with char-grilled fish, for what is summer rolls, please go to the hub summer rolls recipes. I love it because It's healthy; It's tasty and I have well time spent with friends and family in the garden
- Mango summer rolls
- Tofu mushroom summer rolls