- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines
Yellow Basmati Rice Recipe
Basmati Rice goes with Just about Anything
Rice soaks up the flavors and balances the textures of soups, stews, and curries. So many bowls benefit from a bed of savory yellow rice.
RAte Yellow Basmati Rice
Rice Cook Time
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, hat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in 3 cups water, the rice, turmeric, salt, and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and fluff the rice. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon the cooked rice into shallow bowls and ladle the soup, stew chili, or gumbo over the top.
More Delicious Recipes
- Firecracker Shrimp Jambalaya
firecracker shrimp jambalaya
- Jamaican Chicken Curry
jamaican chicken curry ,chicken rice scotch bonnet peppers caribbean ethnic. jamaican red stripe beer. Chicken Curry -only better.
- Real Boston Clam Chowder Recipe
A real Boston Clam Chowder recipe. This is the best clam chowder you will ever eat. Of all the chowder recipes I have tried, this one is simply the best. Clams, Sour dough bread, just like in The Fisherman's Monterey California.