Yellow Basmati Rice Recipe
Basmati Rice goes with Just about Anything
Rice soaks up the flavors and balances the textures of soups, stews, and curries. So many bowls benefit from a bed of savory yellow rice.
RAte Yellow Basmati Rice
Rice Cook Time
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, hat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in 3 cups water, the rice, turmeric, salt, and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and fluff the rice. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon the cooked rice into shallow bowls and ladle the soup, stew chili, or gumbo over the top.
More Delicious Recipes
- Firecracker Shrimp Jambalaya
firecracker shrimp jambalaya
- Jamaican Chicken Curry
jamaican chicken curry ,chicken rice scotch bonnet peppers caribbean ethnic. jamaican red stripe beer. Chicken Curry -only better.
- Real Boston Clam Chowder Recipe
A real Boston Clam Chowder recipe. This is the best clam chowder you will ever eat. Of all the chowder recipes I have tried, this one is simply the best. Clams, Sour dough bread, just like in The Fisherman's Monterey California.