- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Curry Chicken Recipe; Simply the Best
Recipe For Curry Chicken
Curry chicken and Basmati rice go hand in hand. The mild, humdrum nature of poultry benefits from a contingent of assertive spices and cayenne peppers. This is an easy curry chicken recipe that can be prepared rather quickly.
Once you know how to make curry chicken you have a whole world of new dishes to experiment with.
Rate This Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 or 2 cayenne chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs or breats, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- In a medium saucepan, hate the oil. Add the onion, tomato, garlic, cayenne chili pepper, and ginger and cook, stirring for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and salt and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Add the chicken and cook, stirring for 5 or 6 minutes more.
- Add the carrots, sweet potato, and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the heat and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving. Ladle the curry into bowls and serve with basmati rice on the side.
More Delicious Spicy Recipies
- Haitian Hot Pot Reicpe
Haitian Hot Pot. Haitian Recipe. Easy recipies
- Firecracker Shrimp Jambalaya
firecracker shrimp jambalaya
- Sweet Potato Soup
recipe for sweet potato soup. using cumin and cilantro to form striking flavor and colors. Sweet potato soup is very popular, and spicy sweet potato soup is even better.