- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
celery soup recipe
This recipe has a creamy goodness that is absolutely indescribable. The bacon gives it such added flavor. This recipe was handed down to me from past generations. I have never had homemade celery soup, but after I had a bowl of this goodness I decided I would never use a can of celery soup again in any of my recipes. This soup is so good just by itself. You can serve it with a piece of crusty bread- but be prepared to not have any leftovers.
Ingredients: Celery soup recipe
5 cups celery diced
4 slices bacon diced
1 leek diced. (white part only)
1/2 cup diced carrots
1 Cup diced onion
1 Large baking potato peeled and diced
1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
6 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons minced rosemary leaves fresh
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
salt/pepper to taste.
Chives for garnish.
1-2 Tablespoon butter if needed
Directions: Celery Soup Recipe
1) Slice your bacon if you have not already done so, and add to a stock pot on the stove. Keep the burner on medium heat until the bacon is cooked. Remove the bacon to a paper towel when done and set aside. Keep the bacon grease in the pot.
2) Add the leek,onions,carrots, and celery and cook till tender in the same pot you cooked the bacon. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter if needed depending on whether or not your bacon had allot of fat in it.
3) Add the garlic to the pan with the leek and onions etc. Now add the cubed potato, chicken stock, rosemary, salt pepper. Bring this to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer until celery and potato are cooked. This should take about 45 minutes.
4) When done remove the saucepan from the stove and pure with a blender or hand mixer. Stir in the 1 cup of heavy cream and cider vinegar. Add your chopped bacon back into the pot. Garnish with chives.
Now you have delicious celery soup that is better than any can any day.