Easy Turtle Cupcakes
Turtle Cupcakes ~ The Same Great Taste with a Quick and Easy Preparation
Cupcakes, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate, and Caramel. My 3 favorite treat ingredients all in one delightful desert with the added bonus of Pecans. To top it off, these Turtle Cupcakes are very easy to make, too.
Oh my.... What more can you ask for?
Thanks for stopping by my Cupcake Club page. Enjoying the extended resurgence of the beloved cupcake, and every group with which I am involved in has at least one Cupcake group or fan club.
Enjoy and happy feasting.
How I Came to Develope this Turtle Cupcake Recipe
In other words, how can I enjoy these more often?
The Turtle cupcake is my absolute, wish I could have it more often, to heck with the calories, favorite cupcake.There are many variations of this recipe, but I have yet to find one that is easy enough for busy families to enjoy. So, with the inception of a new Cupcake Club, I felt compelled to create a new spin on my favorite treat.
- 1 box chocolate or yellow cake mix
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream, add until smooth
- 12-24 caramels, depending on richness desired
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, dark or milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped in small-sized pieces
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on package, using paper cupcake liners. Bake as instructed.
- Remove cupcakes from oven when instructed or when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Using chopstick or wooden spoon handle poke 2-3 holes halfway down into top of cupcakes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Place caramels and heavy cream in small double boiler at low to medium low heat (or in microwave and heat at 30 second to 1 minute intervals) stirring often.
- While caramels begin to heat, place chocolate chips in zip lock bag, seal, and place in very warm, but not boiling water.
- Between stirring of caramel, remove chocolate chips bag from water and knead until chips are completely melted. Return to warm water if needed.
- When completely melted drizzle caramel over cupcakes and allow to seep into the holes created.
- The chocolate chips should also be melted by this time, so cut a small hole in bottom corner of bag and drizzle over cupcakes.
- Immediately sprinkle chopped pecans over tops.
- Makes 24 cupcakes.
OM-Gosh! Added to the decadence... Cheesecake! - *sigh* Did I gain weight just looking at this sinful creation?
Have I tempted you to try making Turtle Cupcakes yet?
Have you made these cupcakes?
© 2010 Beth Webster-Duerr