Easy Turtle Cupcakes
Turtle Cupcakes ~ The same Great Taste with a Quick and Easy preparaton
Cupcakes, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate, and Caramel. My 3 favorite treat ingredients all in one delightful desert with the added bonus of Pecans. To top it off, these Turtle Cupcakes are very easy to make, too.Oh my.... What more can you ask for?Thanks for stopping by my Cupcake Club page. I don't know if there a a resurgence of the beloved cupcake, but every group I am involved in has at least one Cupcake group or fan club, and the club this page was written for, in my opinion, is one of the BEST!Enjoy and happy feasting.
How I came to develop this Turtle Cupcake Recipe
In other words, how can I enjoy these more often?
The Turtle cupcake is my absolute, wish I could have it more often, to heck with the calories, favorite cupcake.There are many variations of this recipe, but I have yet to find one that is easy enough for busy families to enjoy. So, with the inception of the new Cupcake Club here on Squidoo, I felt compelled to create a new spin on my favorite treat.This page also features my favorite and wish tools related to cupcake making, storage, and display.I hope that you may find these accessories as useful as I do,
My favorite Cupcake baking gadget ever - Great for Cookies, too.
Great for same-sized and no-drip portions of:
Muffins or cupcakes
Pancakes and of course,
I also like a small mechanical ice cream scoop for candy making and mini-muffins or cupcakes.
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- 12-24 Caramels, depending on richness desired
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream, add until smooth
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, dark or milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped in small-sized pieces
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on package, using paper cupcake liners. Bake as instructed.
- Remove cupcakes from oven when instructed or when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Using chopstick or wooden spoon handle poke 2-3 holes halfway down into top of cupcakes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Place caramels and heavy cream in small double boiler at low to medium low heat (or in microwave and heat at 30 second to 1 minute intervals) stirring often.
- While caramels begin to heat, place chocolate chips in zip lock bag, seal, and place in very warm, but not boiling water.
- Between stirring of caramel, remove chocolate chips bag from water and knead until chips are completely melted. Return to warm water if needed.
- When completely melted drizzle caramel over cupcakes and allow to seep into the holes created.
- The chocolate chips should also be melted by this time, so cut a small hole in bottom corner of bag and drizzle over cupcakes.
- Immediately sprinkle chopped pecans over tops.
- Makes 24 cupcakes.
OM-Gosh! Added to the decadence... Cheesecake! - *sigh* Did I gain weight just looking at this sinful creation?
A great Cupcake making starter kit
The non-stick cupcake and muffin pan, a cupcake stand, and carrier all in one package for a great low price.. Just a couple more items and you can make, serve, and show off your very own cupcake artistry.