jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

A smashing 3 Course Vegan Holiday Meal

1. The Real Tomato profile image64
    The Real Tomatoposted 9 years ago

A smashing 3 Course Vegan Holiday Meal

2. babelc profile image60
    babelcposted 8 years ago

I made a hub about this one...separated into three actually

Asian style:
    Vegetable fried rice
    Egg rolls/Spring rolls
    Vegetable salad

Western Style:
    Mini Soy Burgers
    Light Pesto Pasta with Tofu
    Vegetable Salad

Maybe....

3. profile image0
    simonalyssaposted 8 years ago

What a great idea for a hub! Okay, let me start now by saying one of the best vegan cookbooks I've ever read is Veganomicon:The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook.

I'm not trolling for them because I have no connection to the authors, I just want to give proper credit. In their book, they write that a great way to organize a vegan meal is to include a bean, a grain and a green. That gives you a complete protein with each meal and a dark green or yellow vegetable for vitamins.

So, let's see. Again, I am not copying their recipes, just coming up with things off the top of my head:

Collard greens
    black beans and rice salad
    with grilled pineapple for dessert

grilled tofu
    sauteed zucchini and carrots
    quinoa with currants

bok choy
    brown rice and adzuki beans
    fruit salad

There are an endless amount of combinations with assorted marinades and cooking styles (saute, grilled, baked, etc)

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

Yuuuuuuuuck! You poor hungry people! How did this happen to you? You need to get yourselves a nice hunk of marbled beef turned twice to ensure theres a Moo in every bite!

5. Miss D profile image55
    Miss Dposted 8 years ago

The first answer is typical of  many people uncomfortable with the humane choices of others. Why the need to ridicule? I'm not vegan, but the above recipes (except for the tofu!) sound delicious.

6. Leenie Pooh profile image60
    Leenie Poohposted 8 years ago

I love the Moosewood Cookbooks. Easy, delicous and mostly vegetarian and vegan recipes.

Or try the Vegetarian Epicure. Incredible recipes! Really gourmet, but do-able.

Both have several different cookbooks with holiday sections.

7. veganportland profile image56
    veganportlandposted 7 years ago

Have you ever tried to make vegan lasagna.  Umm, its so good.

working