jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

What 3 toppings make for the best pizza?

1. Curious Jen profile image56
    Curious Jenposted 8 years ago

What 3 toppings make for the best pizza?

2. Curious Jen profile image56
    Curious Jenposted 8 years ago

My answer is green olives, sun dried tomatoes and prosciutto.

3. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Aside from the cheese on the crust and a sprinkling of mozzarella, my favorites are sausage, olives, and a tie between green peppers and mushrooms.  I just don't understand the fascination with pepperoni, which actually seems to be the most popular.  But, then, as you can see in my other answers to questions here, I march to a WAY different drummer.

4. floating mind profile image78
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

Mine would have: sausage, cheese, and banana or green peppers.

5. profile image46
    SCBOYposted 8 years ago

ummm prob banana pepers, peporini like from london.. absoulutley the best pizza i ever ever had... form pizz hut and some mushrooms

6. maritimer profile image55
    maritimerposted 8 years ago

Feta cheese, pineapple and bacon makes a perfect pizza.  Yum Yum.  I feel like ordering a pizza.

7. karirosepink profile image59
    karirosepinkposted 8 years ago

I made a pizza this weekend with canadian bacon, mushrooms, onions and green peppers. It was a great combo! If you like veggies you could try a gourmet veggie pizza with spinach, zuccini, artichokes, etc.

8. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

Just three? Man, there are sooo many good toppings for a pizza. If I had to narrow it down, though, to my favorite three it would probably have to be sausage, onions, and black olives.

9. june of ages profile image56
    june of agesposted 8 years ago

I have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde approach to pizza. Some times I like to go all veggie, like olives, mushrooms, and tomatoes.  Other times I guiltily enjoy a 3 meat pizza....any meat will do.

10. Michelle Jacobson profile image61
    Michelle Jacobsonposted 7 years ago

Gorgonzola, thinly sliced pear & walnuts -  an unusual but delicious combination.

My absolute all time favorite topping - a little tomato sugo, mozzarella di bufala & shaved black truffle on a thin crispy base- a taste sensation! 

Then there is fresh ricotta, spinaci & prosciutto...oh yeah, I could go on & on.    Love good pizza!

11. sharing the sky profile image67
    sharing the skyposted 6 years ago

This is an incredibly subjective topic. I think one is only limited to their imaginations. As for me, I like vegetables and protein so I'd go for any 3 in that category.

If you're talking more technically, one would obviously want to put together toppings with flavors that complement, rather than contradict or overpower, the others.

12. dorothy0328 profile image78
    dorothy0328posted 6 years ago

I prefer a works style pizza but my favorite 3 topping would have to be either bacon or italian sausage, mushrooms and onions

13. JamesMcAlhanyJr profile image59
    JamesMcAlhanyJrposted 6 years ago

crumbled italian sausage, Crumbled Real bacon, and yes oh yes anchovies!

14. mmm-mama profile image59
    mmm-mamaposted 6 years ago

Definately Pepperoni, bacon and cheese! Yummmmmm-o!

15. renee21 profile image83
    renee21posted 5 years ago

Bacon, onions, and mushrooms are really good.  I also like bell peppers and black olives.

16. thefedorows profile image81
    thefedorowsposted 3 years ago

I really like "margherita" style pizza, so my favorite three toppings are fresh basil, topped with freshly sliced tomatoes, topped with a mixture of freshly minced garlic and olive oil.  Yum!  Of course, lots of mozzarella cheese, but I'm assuming that doesn't count as one of the toppings.  smile

working