jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (25 posts)

Wasabi Green Peas - Anyone try them?

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

I just bought some today at a local discount store! They are sooooooooooooo good! Anyone ever try them? I saw they also had Wasabi peanuts, but I hate peanuts and opted for the green peas. big_smile

For those of you that haven't tried them, they are dried green peas coated in rice flour, sugar, wasabi seasoning and a few other ingredients. They are pretty spicy.

If you love Wasabi or spicy food, you definitely should check them out!

1. melbel profile image97
      melbelposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am personally not a fan of wasabi, because it is REALLY hot! However, wasabi peas are AMAZING! I love them, they are super addicting!

2. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hope you had them with some beer, 'cause that's the idea!

1. melbel profile image97
        melbelposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sounds interesting. I don't drink alcohol, but wasabi peas do sound like something that would go well with beer. Peanuts do, so why not something similarly sized, but more delicious?

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 8 years ago

Love them.  First had them when I lived in Japan, now get them at Whole Foods.  They're great, pretty addicting though.

3. Shalini Kagal profile image79
    Shalini Kagalposted 8 years ago

Lurve them!

1. kmackey32 profile image61
      kmackey32posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Whats lurve?

4. Lucey Knight profile image81
    Lucey Knightposted 8 years ago

Love them!!  They are a fun spicy snack!

5. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

Good to know I can find them at Whole Foods, Wordscribe.

I love them but hate how they burn the inside of my noise! hehe These ones are super strong.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's so funny.  You are so right about the nose, feels like the hair's getting fried in there.  I forgot about that little detail.

6. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Pretty unanimous. smile Looks like I should give it a try smile

7. Shalini Kagal profile image79
    Shalini Kagalposted 8 years ago

Mind your nose Misha big_smile It's quite a shock the first time - much more potent than mustard!

1. Misha profile image77
      Mishaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Shalini, but I am pretty familiar with wasabi. And Russian mustard is quite a bit stronger than American one, too smile

8. kmackey32 profile image61
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

OMG i see them at Tops. I love peas and thought i might wanna try them, but havnt yet LOL

9. profile image0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 8 years ago

I have never tried them. You make them sound so delightful though. Do you work for this company? lol

girly_girl09posted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol not at all. I was a business marketing major in college for a few years before switching majors. I think that affected all of my writing. It always sounds like I'm trying to sell! wink

10. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 8 years ago

Holy hot stuff, caped crusader, those are killer crunchies. Too hot for this Elf big_smile

11. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 8 years ago

Oh yummm...they are quite addictive even though they do strange things to the taste buds!

12. RooBee profile image76
    RooBeeposted 8 years ago

Yummmmmm. They are very delicious. I'm also partial to Wasabi almonds. I could eat those until...well, until I run out (they're kinda expensive). smile

Almonds?!? Where can I get these? Whole Foods? I love almonds! 

(k, I really need to get to bed...I'm starting to get really excited over wasabi flavored snacks; a clear indicator that I'm overexhausted lol)

1. RooBee profile image76
        RooBeeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Me too, definitely past bedtime. I find the almonds at pretty much any grocery. They are made by Blue Diamond, I believe, and are usually in the snack aisle w/ the jerky & such.
        Good night! smile

13. blondepoet profile image74
    blondepoetposted 8 years ago

I have had wasabi paste on my sushi, I love that stuff, goes right up your nose, the heat,mmmmm, but never had or heard of any of these. Are they hot too???

Let me put it this way, you literally feel like a bee has flown up your noise and stung you. They're still so good; I love spicy food!

1. blondepoet profile image74
        blondepoetposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh my, then they are right up my tree, I don't mind having that bee up my nose at all,now all I have to do is work out where in Oz I might find them. Thanks guys!!

14. ChrisSnil profile image57
    ChrisSnilposted 8 years ago

Yep, I do like a few wasabi peas every now and then smile

working