jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I'm not a big fan of fish, but I just recently tried Sea Bass and I love it. Wha

1. Wandah profile image76
    Wandahposted 8 years ago

I'm not a big fan of fish, but I just recently tried Sea Bass and I love it. What other fish can...

anyone suggest that is similar in taste.  I don't care for fish that actually tastes fishy... Any suggestions thanks..........

2. profile image0
    Retsuzenposted 8 years ago

Whiting and flounder, if you bake your fish and add lemon juice to them usually the "fishy" taste goes away.

3. profile image46
    dreagon5posted 8 years ago

Catfish is really good! But, try shark!

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

Well Cod is nice and not too fishy, Red Snapper is very mild and Tilapia is mild. Hope that helps.

5. cupid51 profile image74
    cupid51posted 8 years ago

You can try any fish and it would not taste fishy if you follow the particular recipe. Try this one http://hubpages.com/hub/Shrimp-With-Bot … li-Cuisine

6. Jayne Lancer profile image96
    Jayne Lancerposted 8 years ago

How 'fishy' a fish tastes depends very much upon how it is prepared.

My favourite is sole with melted butter and fresh sage. It's simple to fix and delicious.

7. profile image49
    meghancsmithnjposted 7 years ago

Actually, most fish shouldn't taste fishy! Believe it or not, if it is too fishy tasting, it is probably bad! Some fish that are oily, mackerel, blue, etc. are very fishy tasting. Check with your local market that sells good fish. Some suggestions are tilapia, flounder, cod, sea scallops, mahi mahi, and any other fish that is not too oily. Good luck!

8. profile image0
    Thomas Loscar Srposted 7 years ago

I am a retired commercial fisherman and after 18 years of eating nothing but the freshest seafood available, (right outta the dredge or net) Ive had an opportunity to have tasted both fresh and store bought. My answer to you would be that the fresher the fish the better the taste!!! Fish thats frozen in the local deli isnt fresh ergo its been left to sit on ice allowing for certain bacteria's to chemically change the fish producing a more potent, gamey or fishy flavor. Fresh is the best!!! A same day catch would be your best bet. Thanks respectfully: Thomas O Loscar Sr.

9. writinginalaska profile image77
    writinginalaskaposted 7 years ago

i'm not sure where you live Wandah, but up here in Alaska the following fish are plentiful and fresh as can be.  Halibut, King Salmon are both wonderful and not fishy if fresh.  Black Cod has a perfectly velvety taste.  Ahi, which is high grade tuna if seared properly doesn't have the taste or texture of fish at all.  Lovely on the palate.  Hope this helps.

working