jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can anyone recommend a good pasta maker? I really want to make my own pasta!

1. chirls profile image88
    chirlsposted 7 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good pasta maker? I really want to make my own pasta!

I've seen some really expensive and really cheap pasta makers so I don't know how to choose! I'm just looking for the manual roller type of pasta maker, nothing electric.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image85
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

You don't really need a machine if you're going for plain noodles. If you want flat pasta for making, say, tortellini or ravioli, all you need is a large flat surface and a rolling pin, and a good recipe for the pasta. If you want to make linguini, roll out the flat pasta and cut it with a knife.

If you want spaghetti, rather than roll it out, pull it into a long bit, double it, pull it out again, double it, and so on. If you get a copy of the movie Kung Fu Panda, the Special Features section shows a chef making noodles this way. It looks like it takes a lot of practice. I've only made flat noodles, myself.

3. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 7 years ago

Atlas. I've had mine for years.  It attaches to the counter top.

4. chirls profile image88
    chirlsposted 7 years ago

Thanks to you both for the input! I'd not thought of just rolling the pasta out without the machine. I think I will give that a try since ravioli is want I really want to make. But I'm glad to have at least one machine recommendation just in case!

Closed to reply

working