jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How will the price of seafood be affected by the gulf oil spill?

1. Research Analyst profile image80
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

How will the price of seafood be affected by the gulf oil spill?

2. dabeaner profile image58
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

By your asking that particular question, I can only assume that you know the answer.

Also, food prices in general will be higher, and some in shortage, because a lot comes up the Mississippi.

Consider the cause of the oil spill.  Yeah, obviously there was some engineering problem (or perhaps sabotage), but if it were not for huge world-wide overpopulation leading to scarcity of easily available resources, why would BP be having to drill a fricking MILE DEEP in the Gulf in the first place?

http://hubpages.com/hub/indiscriminate- … stitutions

3. profile image49
    RELATUposted 7 years ago

I think that the oil spill will raise the cost of seafood and it could possibly not be from the oil spill but just another way to increase the price of food in general. I'm hoping that the people in the gulf coast will not have to go thru another traumatic loss because of a man-made disaster this time which should not have happened but more than likely seafood will cost us more.

4. Writer David profile image80
    Writer Davidposted 7 years ago

I've already seen the price of seafood rise here on the gulf coast.  This is particularly true in restaurants.  I suspect people will cut back before paying prices that are almost double what they were 4-6 weeks ago.

working