jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a recommended time frame for fasting--one week, two?

1. Die'Dre' profile image59
    Die'Dre'posted 7 years ago

Is there a recommended time frame for fasting--one week, two?

2. Dobson profile image79
    Dobsonposted 7 years ago

I do not think there is a hard and fast rule for this. It can be at the faster's discretion. I think it will basically be dependent on the purpose.

3. Lensflare profile image68
    Lensflareposted 7 years ago

Fasting is very unhealthy to do for a long period of time.

4. JonBoy0311 profile image54
    JonBoy0311posted 7 years ago

I think it depends on your reasons:

1. Religous-  Sacrificing something in rememberance of God be you of any religion is usually considered great.  What you don't want to do is harm yourelf.  Anything over a week where you're not at least doing something liek what Muslims do for Ramadan (eating/drinking at night) is probably bad.

2. Secular Reasons-  Fasting can be healthy and helps you focus.  But just as in the Religious reasons there is no need to harm yourself and at some point, the damage to your body out weighs the good it's doing you.  No more than 5 Days to a week at most.

Hope this answers your question.

5. ns1209 profile image69
    ns1209posted 7 years ago

Fasting is not very good I would advise one week at most

6. TrinaLynne profile image81
    TrinaLynneposted 7 years ago

The amount of time to fast is usually up to the one who is fasting except for religious traditions which usually have specific time frames.
    Two weeks is a good amount of time but you must consider the age and health of a person.
    Doing one week, taking a week break and then doing another week can suffice.