jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What I want is a lasagna which is cheese, milk and cream free, soya (all types)f

1. profile image46
    marie-anneposted 7 years ago

What I want is a lasagna which is cheese, milk and cream free, soya (all types)free, wheat and...

gluten free, as I am intolerant to all of them, and my taste buds would love a lasagna. Anyone out there who can produce a recipe?

2. scramble profile image65
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

Wow, that's some challenge. It seems to me that what you'll end up with is, essentially, an empty casserole dish.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

as it is possible to get buck wheat pasta, I'm guessing that it is possible that buck wheat lasagna sheets are available.
    make a straight meat and veg filling, thicken sauce with arrowroot or cornflour.  Have you tried goat's cheese or milk?

4. thisdamecooks profile image59
    thisdamecooksposted 7 years ago

If you cannot find rice-flour pasta sheets, use this recipe from Celiac.com and make yourown.  Layer sheets with your favorite bolognese sauce.

½ cup rice flour
    ½ cup potato flour
    1/3 cup cornstarch
    ½ teaspoon Salt
    1-2 tablespoon Olive Oil
    Optional: 2 eggs, lightly beaten

5. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

Cheese provides a lot of the taste of lasagna, so I'm not sure that what you ask is possible with your non-dairy, non-soy requirements.

I know that cheese made from rice milk exists, but I understand that most contains casein, so be forewarned.

If it is the other flavors of lasagna that you are missing -- the onion, garlic, tomato, basil, and perhaps Italian sausage --  then try making a lasagna sans pasta and cheese,but with rice and layered eggplant. I'm not a fan of eggplant normally, but it is quite good in lasagna.

I hope that helps.

6. Vegiegail profile image56
    Vegiegailposted 7 years ago

There are four parts to this recipe: Pignoli Ricotta, Tomato Sauce, Basil-Pistachio Pesto, and the Lasagna Noodles. Enjoy!

Raw Vegan Lasagna

Pignoli Ricotta

* 2 cups raw pine nuts
        * 2 Tbs lemon juice
        * 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
        * 1 tsp salt
        * 6 Tbs water

Place everything but water in food processor and pulse a few times and then slowly add water till you have a ricotta consistency.

Tomato sauce

* 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
        * 1 small tomato, diced
        * 1/2 small onion
        * 2 Tbs olive oil
        * 1 Tbs agave nectar
        * 2 tsp salt
        * pinch of hot pepper flakes

Add all ingredients to blender/food processor and blend till smooth

Basil-pistachio pesto

* 2 cups packed basil leaves
        * 1/2 cup pistachios
        * 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs olive oil
        * glove or two of garlic
        * 1 tsp salt
        * pinch black pepper

Combine in food processor and blend well.

Lasagna

* 4-5 tomatoes, thinly sliced
        * 3 medium zucchini sliced with a mandoline
        * 2 Tbs olive oil
        * 1 Tbs fresh oregano
        * 1 Tbs fresh thyme
        * pinch salt
        * pinch black pepper

1. Toss the zucchini with the other ingredients (except tomatoes), you can adjust with more oil if needed and let sit for 30 min.
       2. Layer in a baking dish zucchini slices, overlapping each other.
       3. Spread about 1/3 of each of the tomato sauce, then dollop on the ricotta and pesto then a layer of tomatoes then continue layers until all is used up.
       4. Let sit for a few hours at room temp or stick in fridge and let sit overnight.

7. profile image49
    joshelbyposted 6 years ago

ME TOO! I'm also allergic to all those things. Plus yeast, tomatoes, citrus, and a whole list of other things!! SO i guess lasagna will not be on my menu sad lol but I feel ya!

working