jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How to make macaroni & cheese without milk?

1. profile image56
    queensmith3230posted 3 years ago

How to make macaroni & cheese without milk?

2. chuckandus6 profile image77
    chuckandus6posted 3 years ago

I have done it with water when I didn't have milk before doesn't make a big difference it's still good.

1. profile image56
      queensmith3230posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

3. Akriti Mattu profile image75
    Akriti Mattuposted 3 years ago

Cook the macaroni in water until done. Then drain macaroni and set to the side.Melt some butter. Add cream cheese and cook a liitle. Be careful not to burn. Add in shredded cheese and macaroni. Stir vigorously till everything mixes well.You can either serve now or for additional cheesiness- pour macaroni into a baking dish.
    Sprinkle with shredded cheese on top.
    Bake in over for 15 minutes.

It's ready smile

1. profile image56
      queensmith3230posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very helpful thanks

2. Akriti Mattu profile image75
      Akriti Mattuposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Try it and tell me if it works for you smile

4. profile image0
    Richie Alburoposted 3 years ago

Actually you don't need milk in making mac 'n cheese . Just cook the macaroni in boiling water .Put the macaroni in baking dish then put cheese on top .Bake in oven or cook in microwave .

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

I am curious as to what would be the point of not putting milk in the mac and cheese?
    Since cheese is made from milk/cream, it has the same components.  If the issue is about using dairy, you are still using dairy products.

If the issue is lactose intolerance, (and if that is somehow de-activated by the cheese-making process--I do not know), then using a lactose-free milk product should eliminate that issue.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image92
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

There is a recipe my wife and I use. I don't remember the exact proportions, but basically the cheese sauce is made from golden potatoes, carrots and onions. After boiling them you blend them up (with the water) and some cashews, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and butter. There might be some other spices, but that's the gist of it. Once blended you pour it over the noodles and bake for about a half hour. It's surprisingly delicious.

working