jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How often do you use Turmeric in your cooking?

1. sanjeeta kk profile image59
    sanjeeta kkposted 7 years ago

How often do you use Turmeric in your cooking?

A common household spice turmeric has many medicinal benefits attached to it. How often and in which ways do you use turmeric in your diet?

2. K9keystrokes profile image90
    K9keystrokesposted 7 years ago

I use Turmeric quite frequently. I like the color it adds to dishes and the earthy tones it brings to the palette. I particularly enjoy adding turmeric to Jasmine rice or quinoa.  It also is a wonderful addition to mushrooms with galic and onions, corriander is nice with this combination as well.
    I only discovered turmeric last year and began using it because I had to reduce salt intake and the more spices I add, the less salt I consume. I have also heard it helps to lessen your appetite. Love this stuff!

3. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 7 years ago

I grate turmeric into soups and stews.  It really adds a nice flavour and colour.  I also use sliced turmeric with sliced ginger and lemongrass for a refreshing tea that helps quell nausea, open breathing passages and reduce congestion.

4. Emissionguy profile image83
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

Frequently. Quinoa with chives, tumeric, garlic and cinamon, agave and rasins served cold.

5. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image95
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

Frequently; it tastes good, and adds to the colour of foods.  It is also supposed to greatly reduce the chances of developing cancer.

6. profile image0
    Derdriuposted 7 years ago

I always add turmeric, along with garlic and black pepper, to vegetable or meat recipes that I first cook in the crockpot and then puree in the blender. Pureeing really brings out all the flavors.

7. DonnaCosmato profile image98
    DonnaCosmatoposted 7 years ago

I add it to as many dishes as possible because of its anti-inflammatory properties. The taste blends well in Indian and Mexican dishes, and it is particularly good in meatless recipes that are legume based.

working