jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What do you hate most about cooking and why?

1. desertlab profile image67
    desertlabposted 5 years ago

What do you hate most about cooking and why?

2. daisynicolas profile image81
    daisynicolasposted 5 years ago

Not the cooking, but the cleaning up after cooking.

3. Courtney_CollinsD profile image78
    Courtney_CollinsDposted 5 years ago

The mess it makes is definitely the downside. If only kitchens cleaned themselves.

4. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

I enjoy cooking at times but I am not fond of cleaning up the mess after it is done! Other things I don't like are chopping raw onions and grinding red chillies into fine powder!

5. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Sometimes the preparation if the dish involves a lot of ingredients. You spend more time preparing it than cooking it.

The second thing I wouldn't be keen on is the cleaning up. The cook always has to do this job as everyone else seems to disappear once the food is eaten.

6. lhchan profile image65
    lhchanposted 5 years ago

I enjoy cooking, but I hate cleaning up the mess after cooking.

7. bushraismail profile image61
    bushraismailposted 5 years ago

Well as everyone says its cleaning and another thing that I hate is that the best (gourmet)  dishes are mostly expensive.

8. dainy665dane profile image59
    dainy665daneposted 5 years ago

I love to cook and do some experiment on the kitchen. But I don't like cleaning up everything after.

9. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

Cleaning up afterward is what I dislike. My husband and I made a pact before we were married: when I cook, he cleans up. Twenty-two years later, we each hold up our end of the bargain. And he has to wash dishes the old-fashioned way, too. We're ex-pats living in Peru and there are no dishwashers in this country!

10. libby1970 profile image70
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

Oh I love the cooking part, but hate the dishes! I could cook all the time, but there's always those stuck on, greasy dishes!

11. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I used to love cooking. It's just that for the first 25 to 30 years of marriage, I was the chief cook and bottle washer. I'm sick of it. I let my husband or daughter cook now.

12. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

It would have to be the cleanup afterwards. I don't mind the chopping, peeling, grating and creating (and eating LOL) the dish, but by the time it's time to clean the kitchen, I'm ready to do something else, like sit on the couch and watch TV.

So to make it easier on myself, since I live alone, I do wipe down the countertops and then fill up the kitchen sink with warm soapy water and let the dirty dishes soak themselves overnight. The next morning they are easier to clean. That way it's not so overwhelming to have to do it all at once.

13. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Well, the consensus here seems to be that no one likes to clean up. I have a different opinion. I don't like being responsible for planning all the meals, and shopping for all the meals. The meal prep is not that bad, and I really don't mind cleaning up, but the daily grind of being responsible for other people's dinner when I've been at work all day really gets to me.