jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What brand of tea would you recommend to new tea drinkers?

1. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

What brand of tea would you recommend to new tea drinkers?

2. tjhooper profile image75
    tjhooperposted 7 years ago

lipton. It's a great brand of tea. I don't really drink any other kind.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Twinning English Breakfast, loose tea, made in a pot with boiling water.

4. wilcowilliams12 profile image56
    wilcowilliams12posted 7 years ago

Lipton is easy to drink but very generic and boring at the same time; it's kinda the Coors Light of the Tea World.

Twinnings is great as mentioned and also Celestial Seasonings has a great assortment of different flavors too!

5. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It depends on if the new tea drinker just wants something easily accessible and cheap, or good tea smile. I'm personally a huge fan of Stash, Adagio, The Ivy Keep, and others...there are a couple of Celestial Seasonings and Lipton that are alright, but as mentioned previously here, they do get kind of boring and I have run into staleness issues, though that could be because I'm in a small town where products may not move as fast in the grocery stores. I am partial to Celestial Seasonings' Nutcracker Sweet with a little bit of honey added in, but it's a holiday tea and hard to find. For someone who loves dessert teas, I would especially recommend Black Forest Cake from The Ivy Keep.

6. BenLowe profile image59
    BenLoweposted 7 years ago

I'm a loose leaf tea drinker, and I would highly recommend drinking loose leaf over just about anything else. I would not necessarily recommend a brand as much as I'd recommend getting acquainted with some of the fundamental types of tea. Once you do that, you will likely start to gravitate toward a certain style and type of tea and you can try different brands and suppliers to see which are your favorite.

Basic loose leaf tea types:

Black tea

Green tea

Oolong tea

Then there are a few others that are not really tea, or else they are not based as much from steeping purely and actual tea leaves:

Herbal tea

Rooibos

Yerba mate

Some good places to order all the listed types of tea above would be adagio.com and specialteas.com.

I will be writing an actual hub soon, but I thought a shorter answer would be good in the meantime.

working