jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where can I find the roasted potatoes side dish recipe?

1. profile image44
    teeterbunchposted 7 years ago

Where can I find the roasted potatoes side dish recipe?

My husband is so sad they don't make that recipe anymore.  I'd love to surprise him by making them.  Any help getting that recipe would be appreciated.  Ashley

2. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

I'm not exactly sure of which recipe your are looking for but the one I use, it goes like this:

3 lbs of potatoes washed and cut into chunks
    1 pkg. onion soup mix (dry)
    Vegetable oil
    margarine or butter

Toss the potatoes in about 3 TBSP oil coating well, then sprinkle with onion soup mix, tossing to coat.

Place on baking sheet, dot with butter or margarine and bake at 350 for 30 minutes then stir, and bake for additional 15 - 30 minutes.

3. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

When you are cutting up potatoes to bake you should boil them first to get some of the starch out of them so they brown better and please use some FRESH spices to flavor them not that dry bland onion soup.  Peace!!

4. Sky321 profile image77
    Sky321posted 7 years ago

This is my latest favorite:

Greek Style Potatoes

1/3 cup olive oil
    1 1/2 cups water
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    2 cubes chicken bouillon
    ground black pepper to taste
    6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2.In a small bowl, mix olive oil, water, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, bouillon cubes and pepper.
    3.Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of a medium baking dish. Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes. Cover, and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until tender but firm.

5. vidhimayur profile image59
    vidhimayurposted 6 years ago

go for cajuni potatoes, roasted or fried tastes best:)