jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is raw milk good for you, or is it dangerous? What are the risks?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

Is raw milk good for you, or is it dangerous? What are the risks?

2. Craan profile image69
    Craanposted 7 years ago

I heard raw milk is very good for you because it contains in tact all its natural enzymes and vitamins. The milk fat of raw milk is not processed in any way. Homogenized milk  that is pasteurized is devoid of its vitamins and heated to 212 degrees to kill bacteria. This process makes regular milk hard to digest.
    A risk of raw milk is growth of bacteria. It  must be drank as soon as possible once a cow is milked to get the most benefit and minimum exposure of bacterial organisms. This makes raw milk hard to commercialize. An alternative is milk that is flash pasteurized and not homogenized.

3. giwrgos12 profile image56
    giwrgos12posted 7 years ago

Raw milk is the term commonly associated with untreated or unpasteurized milk. The raw milk trend stems from the US, with trendy Californians and New Yorkers most known for their habits to drink straight from the cow.

The cows that are used to provide the milk are fed particularly well, with green grass in spring, summer and autumn and green feed, silage, hay and root vegetables in winter. Such a feed is intended to keep the cows especially healthy and produce high quality milk free from the chemicals in much shop bought milk.

4. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Raw milk ie cow's milk? Personal experience, nope it is absolutely not good, and it is especially not good for me. I haven't touched it in 10 years. I used to get eczema really bad, and when I stopped the cow's milk, it disappeared for good. There is so much variety out there, which packs equal and above amounts of protein/enzymes ie rice milk, almond milk, oat milk. Why people choose to drink the breast milk of an animal mindblows me! I think cows milk should be just for baby cows... smile

5. KimmiS profile image56
    KimmiSposted 6 years ago

Raw milk is better than pasteurized, but neither is good for you.

giwrgos12 : The US was actually the first to introduce pasteurization due to the germ theory scare. Raw milk is more popular in other countries and outlawed in the US.

In some parts of the EU, raw milk and cheese is considered much higher quality than pasteurized 'American' dairy.

working