jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

We love smoothies but I have only found one we like and it s make with a little

1. profile image59
    rieomposted 7 years ago

We love smoothies but I have only found one we like and it s make with a little ice cream for...

thickener.  The questions is how do you make your smoothies without yogurt?

2. Klena profile image63
    Klenaposted 7 years ago

You can also make smoothies with milk, unless the issue you that you're lactose intolerant.

Then, you can make smoothies without any dairy products at all! Many of the smoothies places I love to go to offer both dairy and non-dairy smoothies smile

3. jpwriter profile image80
    jpwriterposted 7 years ago

I make all kinds of smoothies.  Granted, I do use yogurt, but the ONLY reason that I use it is because it adds healthy protein to the smoothie.  I am particular about the type of yogurt though because so many of them contain a lot of sugar.  Mountain High Yoghurt is the best.

The only reason for the yogurt is a thicker consistency.  The more yogurt, the thicker it gets.  Substitute any sort of milk you want.  Use lots of frozen fruits and veggies.  I use Almond milk, Coconut milk, and then there are soy milks or rice milk.  Lots of options.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Healthy-Fr … -Smoothies

4. Hally Z. profile image77
    Hally Z.posted 6 years ago

Have you tried adding just coconut milk or even coconut gratings? I make my smoothies with just fruit and juice, actually. To "smooth" out a smoothie, I add sorbet.

working