jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite type of non-dairy milk (if you drink it) and why do you li

1. AliciaC profile image99
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite type of non-dairy milk (if you drink it) and why do you like this milk?

2. Keri Summers profile image87
    Keri Summersposted 6 years ago

Soy milk.  It tastes really creamy but there's no animal fat.

3. Leroyworld profile image61
    Leroyworldposted 6 years ago

Almond milk.  The milk feels good on my tongue.  The others don't  I like the vanilla flavor best.  I still drink milk too; but, they are not even close in taste and feel.

4. rlaha profile image70
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I am lactose intolerant and cannot drink normal milk anyway because it upsets my stomach.  I drink the Walmart brand (Great Value) of lactose free milk. I sometimes drink the Chocolate Almond Soy milk you get at the store. It tastes better than regular chocolate milk and my stomach seems to be happy with it.  Good question!

5. Kris Heeter profile image79
    Kris Heeterposted 6 years ago

I like almond milk on cereal - haven't quite grown to like it all on it's own yet.

6. Ri Masincupp profile image74
    Ri Masincuppposted 6 years ago

Silk original.  It is soy milk, 100% lactose free, low in fat, is light, and tastes a touch sweet; not too sweet.  I don't have to have lactose free milk.  I usually get regular 2% milk but the original Silk tastes so good that it is a nice treat to have once in a while.  It is amazing in coffee too.  It doesn't make the coffee as light in color as regular milk but Silk definitely makes it tastes better.

7. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I use almond milk instead of cow's milk for cooking, flavoring and drinking. It has a mild, rich nutty taste and is a good substitute for the creamy texture of regular milk. My next choice would be rice milk.  Although it is less rich in texture, it tastes good.

8. rmcrayne profile image99
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

I like hemp milk because it has a much thicker texture than Almond or Rice milk, which always seem watery to me.   I use the vanilla for smoothies.  I use the plain for cooking, ranch dressing etc.  One of the brands (of plain) tastes a little sweet, similar to the vanilla, so I do not like it for dressing.  (Sorry, can't remember which one.)

9. livelonger profile image92
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

I like almond, hemp, and oat milks the best.

I try to avoid soy because some of its components could have effects on the endocrine system.

I don't like rice milk because it's too sweet and watery.

10. renee21 profile image82
    renee21posted 5 years ago

I love coconut milk best!  It is awesome for putting on cereal and for baking, cooking, etc.

working