whats the best foods to loose weight

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)
  1. nutan.goel profile image56
    nutan.goelposted 14 years ago

can anyone tell what should i eat to loose weight

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just eat less. Take away a small portion of your usual food and eat a little less, exercise a little more.
      Rinse, repeat. smile

2. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eat more homecooked meals or brown bag lunches. Eat a variety, including more fruit and vegetables (preferably raw) in your everyday diet. Most importantly, pay attention to your serving sizes, and eat only when you are hungry.

3. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

grapes, apples, oatmeal, broccoli, cabbage, salads, califlower,
      and lots of them.. then drink lots of water to wash it down..
      and lots of walking. Good luck big_smile

4. scarytaff profile image65
      scarytaffposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fish, fish and more fish. High in protein low in carbohydrate. Have it simmered in water with onion. Have it grilled, baked, whatever but be sure that it's fresh.

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

raw foods

2. michelle.dragon99 profile image57
    michelle.dragon99posted 14 years ago

You can either choose for meal replacement diet or natural healthy food diet. Meal replacement diet should include meal replacement shakes and meal replacement bars, and the result is faster. Whereas for natural healthy food diet are consists of low calories, low sugar, low carbohydrates and low sodium food and mass consumption of vegetables and fruits. You may check my hub out or visit to my site for further info <snipped link - do not post links in the forums>

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

two of my best friends have lost ons of weight by eating healthy things like salads and fruits, veggies, but also the other good stuff but just eating less and making sure to count carbs. if you stick with it you'll loose the weight. One has lost 128 lbs so far. is at a size 22 in pants and wants to be an 18 She is really getting there. don't know about my other friend but they look GOOOD!

4. jonmarsh profile image61
    jonmarshposted 14 years ago

...beans?...

5. Laurie Favelle profile image68
    Laurie Favelleposted 14 years ago

Eat fresh food...fresh fruit and veg is cheaper than packaged.  Mix it with a little meat/chicken/fish (you can get canned tuna in springwater- unflavoured - quite inexpensively).  Exercise a little everyday - say 30 minute walk will get you started.  No junkfood!
    Finally, have breakfast every day.

6. Cynicist profile image60
    Cynicistposted 14 years ago

Ethiopian cuisine always good for losing weight :p.

7. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Sure pop along and read
    http://hubpages.com/hub/12-essential-foods-when-dieting

This should give you a good start

8. profile image0
    mariyammaposted 14 years ago

Salads and Juice will make you reduce weight

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

a list I have hanging around my kitchen files~~~

eggs, beans, salad, green tea, pears, soup, lean beef, olive oil,
    grapefruit, 1/4tsp. cinnamon, tofu, handful of nuts (walnuts & almonds excellent), high fiber cereal, hot red pepper (capsicum),
    safe fish (talapis, salmon flounder, cod, mahi-mahi), water, water, water. wink

10. FeathersFeature profile image59
    FeathersFeatureposted 14 years ago

Fish is definately a good source of protien and a healthier choice than choosing beef or pork.  Grapefruit provides acids which help break down foods you eat.  One good source of antioxidents (which will rid your body of toxins and provide you with more energy) is pomegranates.  Bananas are also another good source of energy, although temporary, it doesnt have any kind of down affects.  Try to eat as many fresh vegetables, and fruits that you can.  Although some believe that juices are good and helpful, alot are loaded with sugar and have very little actual fruit juice in them so make sure to read the labels.  Grape juices I've found are usually the safest and also a source of antioxidents and good for the heart.

11. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Everything in moderation. Portions do seem to be the biggest issue for just about everyone...I had some big issues with it for a while until I spent a month measuring all of my food so I could get a firm idea of what "one portion" means.

You don't have to crash diet, in fact it's not at all advisable for healthy weight loss, but cutting back a bit and trying to steer away from certain foods to some degree can help. A huge percentage of people have too much animal protein in their diets, so watching the consumption of meat (and try to get leaner meat for what you do eat...I generally eat poultry, fish, and then buffalo, elk, or venison when I want red meat) can really help...some people cut back dairy too, but I've never been able to make myself limit my cheese. Cooking at home can also ensure that you have the power to remove as much extra grease from the food as possible and use healthier oils in smaller amounts.

Starches will get people pretty fast, my own weakness is potatoes, but again they just have to be cut back rather than cut out.

I also agree with everyone here that raw fruits and veggies are GREAT big_smile. If you're a big meat eater, I've found that putting a portion of meat on top of a salad or mixing it up in stir fry or the like with tons of veggies helps get the greens in there. My other half likes to make me tuna sandwiches that are about 3/4 finely-minced veggies with a little bit of fish and dressing thrown in tongue.

Finally, don't forget that healthy weight loss is a long process. These diets that promise instant weight loss and what-not are generally helping get rid of water weight, or starving the body and resulting in muscle loss. Muscle is heavier and you will see a much larger difference on the scale than if you are losing fat...in fact, in the last three months I haven't lost a single pound, but I have lost three inches off my waist. Got to love the measuring tape. It has taken me nearly two years to lose 55 pounds, but in that time I have gone from a 44 waist to a 32 and it keeps coming off without effort now because I'm used to (and enjoy) the lifestyle changes that caused the weight loss.

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

yep. moderation in all things. they interviewed this 113-year-old guy yesterday and he attributed his longevity and slim body to moderation in all things - he said don't eat to fullness - push back the plate while you are still a little hungry. i'm a big believer in that!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)