jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the healthiest fast food available today, and why?

1. Genna East profile image89
    Genna Eastposted 7 years ago

What is the healthiest fast food available today, and why?

At first thought, I would have to say any salad that offers the option of diet salad dressing.  (A lot of salad dressings add on the pounds, and pour on the fat as well.)

2. BenWritings profile image77
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

fast food salads, average 400-800 calories

to me, there is no healthy fast food

3. FrugalGal profile image58
    FrugalGalposted 7 years ago

The number of calories a food product contains isn't the only issue when it comes to weight loss. Most packaged products contain sugar, salt and preservatives that are addictive and lead to cravings. The only way to permanently lose weight and maintain health is to eat foods that are packed with nutrition, not with chemicals. Salads are quick so why not make your own. Put kale and other nutritiously dense foods on it. Add some sprouts, a few nuts and berries. Serve with a piece of fruit and a small dollop of yogurt. A bit of balsamic vinaigrette. You'll feel full and have energy to burn.

4. ChristopherMorgan profile image58
    ChristopherMorganposted 7 years ago

My health teacher told me In & Out. You might think that is odd, but non of their food is ever frozen. Everything is fresh and they are very nice there. I think, that if you are watching calories than i would go with subway. Turkey and low fat cheese and lots of veggies. Hope I helped.
    ALSO: Can you check out my HubPage?
    I followed you.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

If Subway is considered fast food, I say Subway, although the sodium content of there meals are stunning.  1500 mg sodium!

6. Genna East profile image89
    Genna Eastposted 7 years ago

@BenWritings:  Actually, Ben, the salads with diet salad dressing range about 235 calories.

@Duffsmom:  i agree about Subway being healthier, but the sodium content is high.  So are salads come to think of it when you add in the salad dressing -- even diet. 

@Chris  In & Out?  Really...I'll have to check that out. 

Will do, and thank you!