I'm vegan (I eat eggs tho), and have lactose and gluten intolerance. And I feel

1. Sid. profile image57
    Sid.posted 6 years ago

I'm vegan (I eat eggs tho), and have lactose and gluten intolerance. And I feel like getting weaker.

I'm a vegan ( I eat eggs though) and have discovered last year that I have a lactose and gluten intolerance.
    I like doing sports but ever since I'm on this gluten/lactose diet I've had more injuries and they don't really heal that fast anymore, or don't heal at all. For example: I twisted my foot ankle quite some time ago and have been feeling like it's a little loose ever since. And whenever I'm in the wrong position it kinda hurts. My doctor says that I just have to take some calcium and some other stuffs but it still doesn't heal. Same goes for my right shoulder/triceps.
    I'm 18 y/o btw.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

People who eat eggs are not vegan, as that's definitely eating an animal product. 

Healing issues can come from not getting enough protein, especially issues with repairing muscles and tendons.  I have a friend who was vegetarian and who went back to eating meat as they had a persistent problem with muscle weakness that just wouldn't resolve any other way.  You might consider consulting with a nutritionist to see how you can best balance what you are eating to help with your healing issues.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

relache gives some good advice there.  You can see a nutritionist and get some sound advice.  Most local hospitals employ nutritionists that will see you and go over your diet.

Whether vegan, or vegetarian, it is obvious your body needs something more like a protein supplement. Please see a nutritionist so you can continue to enjoy your sports without further injury.