jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Understanding Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance

1. Sam Montana profile image84
    Sam Montanaposted 23 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Understanding Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

At first this article was un-featured due to low views. I then went in and change some words. The it was un-featured due to quality, too many Amazon products. Okay, so I limited the Amazon products to 2.

Now it comes back again un-featured for some unknown reason, maybe too spammy, etc. The article is 1174 words.

I would appreciate some feedback about this article.

Thank You,

1. Fahsionboots profile image71
      Fahsionbootsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

hi, just at a quick glace the amount of words is fine as they seem to want around 800. include a short video from utube and add a poll. leave the 2 amazon capsules for the moment and see what they say with these new changes. Looks like a well presented hubpage to me.

2. Fahsionboots profile image71
      Fahsionbootsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hi Sam, I can't tell but did you ever get this hub featured? How can I see if a hub is featured? If not I think I finally worked out how to get to that level.
      await your reply...

1. Sam Montana profile image84
        Sam Montanaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Yes, the article was featured again. I changed some words and lessened the number of Amazon ads. At first it was not working and then I would just change some more words, just a little bit and it was finally featured.

I am not entirely sure what I did that got it featured again.

Fahsionbootsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Great news Sam. Yes that's kind of what I did. I was just staring at my hub one day wondering what was wrong with it. I had removed every Amazon and Ebay ad, I had removed every link in the text, I had removed every bold type word...I knew this hub was helpful to others. Then I thought I would copy each section and run the text through Word processor (I was under a false sense of security that my hub had no grammar nor syntax nor spelling mistakes because there was no red underling of any word...WRONG) when I copied it into WORD I saw all the errors. ALLELUIA....I thought OMG after getting so many group error messages from hub pages (which makes it almost impossible to trouble shoot) I knew this would be a winner. When I made all the changes it was featured the next day.

2. Robilo2 profile image80
    Robilo2posted 23 months ago

Hey Sam - very good topic - I know 3 people with these issues.  I enjoyed reading your hub.
    Suggestions:  Cite your sources for these two statements:
    'Celiac disease is usually genetic and affects 2 million Americans. It can affect as many as 1 in 22 Americans..."
    "Behind sugar, gluten is the second most prevalent food in the western diet."

And - Cite William Davis as the author of Wheat Belly in the 1st time where you mention his book "Wheat Belly" vs 2nd time :As William Davis, the author of Wheat Belly points out in his book..."

Lastly- if it was me - since you referenced the Wheat Belly book twice, you could specify that book in your second Amazon Module.

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
      Elsie Hagleyposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Put your Amazon ads at the bottom of the hub, I think it will pass with no problems then.
      A video would be nice it would brighten up the page.
      Have a nice day.

Fahsionbootsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes Elsie, I believe you are right. After I read this link
        http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/01/07/an- … -capsules/  I noticed that the "ok" hubs have lots of content at the top and by the end the moderators are exhausted and don't tend to see acouple of sales hubs at the bottom...

2. Sam Montana profile image84
      Sam Montanaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your comments. I did have the book Wheat Belly as an Amazon ad, but I took it out. I think I will put it back in, with a poll added. The citations I would like to add, but I keep reading here that too many citations are not good, even though I have always thought that citations to credible sources were helpful.

working