jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What spices must be in your kitchen ?

1. twilanelson profile image61
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

What spices must be in your kitchen ?

What spices are always in your kitchen ?  What spices have you been caught without and it was a disaster ?

2. bearnmom profile image65
    bearnmomposted 6 years ago

oregano, sweet basil, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, sea salt, black pepper

3. reena_yadav profile image78
    reena_yadavposted 6 years ago

The spices which are always available in my kitchen are listed in my Hub at http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Glossary-of-I … nd-Spices. The spice which i was caught without would be salt. I forgot to put it in one recipe and the dish was tasteless.

4. shribabak profile image59
    shribabakposted 6 years ago

cardamom, pepper, clove, garlic, ginger,

5. dorothy0328 profile image77
    dorothy0328posted 6 years ago

I have a variety of spices as a must have in my kitchen. I have celery seed, thyme, Cajun and creole spices, paprika, crab and shrimp boil, Asian blends,salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, basil, crushed red pepper,blackened blend, dill,cloves, lemon pepper and then a handful of other spices in a rack I don't use very often. Additionally I grow fresh rosemary, oregano, cilantro,lemon grass, and tarragon. I love to cook and I also cook a variety of different foods that require different spices I have one 2 shelf kitchen cabinet dedicated to just spices.

6. Bobri Dobri profile image74
    Bobri Dobriposted 6 years ago

For meals:
    black pepper, red pepper, chili, bay leaves, cumin, Italian mix, dill, parsley, curry, garlic

For sweets:
    cinnamon, vanilla, powder sugar

7. dipsmi profile image73
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

salt,turmeric,red chilli powder,bombay biryani,black pepper,'garam masala' powder

8. johnr54 profile image41
    johnr54posted 5 years ago

Oregano, basil, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, pepper corns for fresh ground pepper and sea salt

working