Any ways to turn from tempting foods?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

Any ways to turn from tempting foods?

Ice cream, chocolate, tastycakes are so yummy! Who can say no to all these treats? That's my problem, I need to find a way to just say no!

2. WriteAngled profile image80
    WriteAngledposted 7 years ago

Giving way to temptation is almost inevitable when trying to lose weight. Five strategies are presented to help minimise the damage. read more

3. lemmyC profile image76
    lemmyCposted 7 years ago

Well,  the choice is yours. You have the power to say yes or No to these foods. No matter the choice you choose to make you, there is no need for you to feel guilty. But after all, why can you not make choice, What are your fears, considerations or roadblocks making it difficult to say no.
    Well yo don'y want to be fat or that you are addicted to these food. What is your problem?
    You can say, Yes but cut down on your calorific intake. Or say No and not indulge in any of them, but consider the health benefit.
    Whatever choice you make be a position of power. Know what outcome you want to achieve in your overall purpose in life. Consider the reasons for your being - to learn, grow and contribute.  Will eating stop you from not achieving your potential? If so I think it's not worth the effort. Live to eat and not eat to live.

4. laddriggers profile image77
    laddriggersposted 7 years ago

Say "no" by planning your indulgence.  My grandmother eats one chocolate fudge ice cream sunday a year.  She plans out when she's going to go, with whom, where, etc.  And she enjoys that sunday enough so that she can say "no" the rest of the year.  Even if you plan to indulge more than once a year, make it planned so that you don't feel out of control.

5. Bobri Dobri profile image73
    Bobri Dobriposted 7 years ago

mmm.. tough question. I usually eat all that stuff when I want it, but I follow 2 rules:
    1. I never eat it when I'm hungry as a hunter. Always eat good healthy food first (salads, meat, etc). It fills stomach and then I don't eager sweets as much and consume less amounts.
    2. Exercise regularly. It gives me moral permission to eat sweets one day. LOL

6. Jowy2000 profile image83
    Jowy2000posted 7 years ago

Find other food that isn't so unhealthy that you like. But this may be easier said than done I guess, I personally don't even like sweets. Or find a healthier way to enjoy them maybe? Low fat, low sugar, mix fresh fruit in with it. Then you can get your occasional fix without going overboard too much.

Or just focus on your goals and how those foods prevent you from reaching them

7. Krysanthe profile image92
    Krysantheposted 7 years ago

If you completely sacrifice these food, you are just going to crave them more.  Instead, why don't you try eating them in moderation?  Like Bobri Dobri said, eat your healthy foods first,  then allow yourself a small indulgence.

8. benblue profile image59
    benblueposted 7 years ago

Try to become interested in teas. There are some very aromatic teas to discover. You don't even need to add sugar to enjoy. Try to go to a fancy tea shop and spend a lot of money on a some really good tea leaves. Try it once and see if you like it!! smile Maybe you'll replace your bad habit with a GOOD one!

9. TheBeautysInside profile image59
    TheBeautysInsideposted 7 years ago

I'm going to try this new product called Sensaslim, it's one of those sprays that numbs your tongue and doesn't make you feel hungry anymore after sending the message to your brain that you're full. A little warning though: it also sprays away the kilos. If you watched the news (forgot which one) a few days ago it would of said that a French jockey used Sensaslim. He sued Sensaslim after being disqualified for being underweight. So you should try it, sorry I babbled on too much. smile

10. RASO profile image67
    RASOposted 6 years ago

I have same problems with those tempting foods, just like you. I just can not say no sad

Cheers.

11. mikejhca profile image95
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

Some foods are tempting because they cause your body to release feel good chemicals.  A food craving can be a craving for endorphins or other feel good chemicals.  Reducing your stress and exercising can reduce food cravings.  For example I could eat some comfort food like chocolate or I could exercise.  Both make me feel good.  The problem with using food is that it does not last very long.

I eat better when I do relaxation exercises and exercise regularly.  Not because I am working hard at eating better but because I do not crave junk food.  Practicing meditation or slow moving exercises like tai chi, yoga or qigong are a good way to eliminate the need for caffeine.

12. homesteadpatch profile image78
    homesteadpatchposted 6 years ago

Avoiding food entirely is only going to make things more difficult.  Rather than avoiding them, simply eating less of them will make your journey much easier.  One or two bites rather than six or eight bites.

13. tswilson profile image59
    tswilsonposted 6 years ago

You could try chewing gum.  I have heard of people using it to lose weight.  When you are presented with sweets, start chewing on a stick of gum.  It will satisfy some of the desire for something sweet and keep your mouth occupied.

14. nifty@50 profile image74
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

Can you see Eve's predicament ? She was tempted by a mere apple..lol! I say if you crave, go ahead an indulge, then figure out the damage (calories) and burn them off with some cardio, like walking or an exercise bike. When you realize what it takes to burn these calories, next time you just may decide you can live without the treat....or not!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)