jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your opinion of boiled peanuts?

1. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

What is your opinion of boiled peanuts?

2. profile image0
    Charles Hiltonposted 6 years ago

I tried them once from my grocery store and wasn't too fond. I prefer the dried.

3. IsaBbott profile image56
    IsaBbottposted 6 years ago

I have a friend who can't get enough of them! I think they're great, I've been waiting for the right recipe to add them to.

4. indravadan profile image61
    indravadanposted 6 years ago

Boiled peanuts are popular in some places where peanuts are common. Fully mature peanuts do not make good quality boiled peanuts; rather raw or "green" ones are used. "Raw" denotes peanuts in a semi-mature state, having achieved full size, but not being fully dried, as would be needed for roasting or peanut butter use. After boiling they take on a strong salty taste and become softer with the length of cooking, somewhat resembling a pea or bean, to which they are related. The most flavorful peanuts for boiling are the Valencia type. These are preferred in the United States, being grown in gardens and small patches throughout the South. Green Virginia type peanuts are also sometimes used.

5. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

OMG! My opinion???? It's an addiction. We used to live in Live Oak, Florida,where they sold them everywhere.  Scooped warm out of a huge, boiling cauldron and tossed into a little brown paper bag, fights often broke out in the car over who got how many. Fortunately, they were very inexpensive.  The flavor was as close as you could get to steamed or boiled tiny, new potatoes.  We all really loved them and missed them when we moved away.

6. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 6 years ago

Absolutely love them.  My mother is from South Georgia and I grew up eating them.  Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone who likes peanuts can't love them.  Yum

7. justamber profile image61
    justamberposted 6 years ago

I love them. Mostly because it's a southern thing and it reminds me of home.

Closed to reply